Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off ive had my Ps for 7 months now, i have 5 rbp and 2 caribes, the 2 caribes i got like 1-2 months ago to add some flavor ( to trun my ps to men
) but it seems no matter what i try to do the Ps just stay way skittish. My 125 gallon is in the living room which holds the most traffic in the house. i use to have 2 descent size logs that the ps could hide under but i ended up taking those out and that still didnt work so i tried using my tank light which i rarely used beause i heard it bothers the ps etc. well i guess i babyed my ps for a long time but now it just annoys me that i cant even feed them without them triping out i mean i would think by now they would be use to me throwing in food etc but as soon as i toss something in the tank they get all scared and start running thru everything messing up my decor etc and it come down to them chilling in the cornor of the tank all bundled up and now its just bothering me i mean dam the 2 feeders in there have been there for over a week and they got more balls then my Ps i mean i always told my self to be patient with my ps and just give them time to adjust but i think 7 months is kinda long maybe im doing something wrong or maybe theres a easier way to get them to be less afraid i really feel that i tried my best and everything i knew. ive even trun my couch so that its facing my tank and would sit there for days and that still doesnt even work i guess they dont like it when i talk to them =P but dont get me wrong i know some of you might think that maybe Ps arent for me but i love my fish to death otherwise i wouldnt of spent so much money on them and im still willing to do what it takes i mean ppl say i should try a serra or get a solo P but i just cant get rid of my ps i dont think theres any sum of money you could pay me for my fish i wouldnt hand them over for anything but i dunno it just bothers me that my fishies dont love me =[ haha wel if anyone can post your experinces or any advise you might have for me itd be greatly appricated and thank you for reading i feel better all ready

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea it is a nice site to watch them feed but for some reason there not as aggressive as before i mean there was a time where they would eat all crazy but now they just get scared when i throw somehting in the water and illino i do want a serra i want diamond back but not for my 125 i dont have the will power to get rid of my ps but yea sigh i guess im just stuck with them like that

· Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the sometines faustating world of piranha. The bigger and older the piranha the less it wants to move. I have on 12" rbp that come the surface when I open the lid. But that took over seven year to learn. One word of advice PATIENCE

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hopefully

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i want to but dont have the money to get them a big enough tank i just got a 29 and im not willing to get rid of my pygos i had them snice they were little so im a little attached actully im really attached even though they are pussies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.