Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut wanted to let everyone know I am working to improve the look of this site. I have been experimenting with different skin packs I have found throughout the Internet yet havnt found anything that fits the bill. I have added a few if you want to view them, if you go to Account Options. Remember these are RAW imports so they are going to be a little rough around the edges.....and have customizations for other sites. That doesnt matter though cause I am just looking at the "look".

It seems that all of these comprimise the readability of the forums...this is something i value. What do you guys think. Remember, if you play with it, change your skin to "Aurora" to see the board normally.

-Xenon

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I haven't checked out your new skins, but personally, I prefer a slick, stylish lay-out instead of one that screams off your monitor, or a lay-out with lots of blood, gory pictures and stuff like that.
If you want to be taken seriously, the lay-out should be seriously.
Just my 2 cents...

ps: the current lay-out isn't that bad, in my opinion :nod:

edit: I took a look at the new skins, and to me they were worse than the Aurora-skin. The one called "Black" was pretty ok, but the black-and-red one kinda sucked :laugh: (no offense, X!)

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No offense taken. They are not my skins....they are taken from people who make them as a hobby. I was thinking of just making my own and keeping it simple. All the jazz in the other ones really does not work for this board. It just confuses me

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have given up on trying to find a pre made skin that will work for this site. I have a few goals in mind for the skin.

1. It has to maintain the readability of the site. I like how easy it is to read and navigate the site right now. It is not as easy on other boards because they have all these dark colors and funky layouts.

2. It cant be as gay as the sky blue thing I have going now.

So what I think I am gonna do is a lot some time this weekend just ot change the blues to grays and dark blue's and see how it works out. Probably make some layout changes as well -- category image headers, new top logo, etc.

This is one the the headers I was working on. It should be tight, I just need to find the time to do it!!

-Xe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.