Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
I think it could work depending on the temperament of the piraya. At 14 inches it could be whole new world of temperament than the norm.

Try it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thnaks for the input man! So you think my caribe will be ok, They are tough, they push the Reds around no prob... And hey I got another question. In my master plan now, I want to split up my big shoal, put 3 reds in a 77 and the other 3 in a 75. That will be ok for life right? Then I can move my 3 3" Piraya into my 130! Would the reds work in those tanks?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I think they will appreciate your master plan: I mean, 25 gallons per fish is not bad, isn't it?
Sounds like you got it all well covered

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Yeap, they will be ok in your 70+gs tanks...good luck and keep us updated...
!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet! Good to hear! Yeah I will post Pics of the Big Boy when I get him! And thanks for the Quick Replies!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
damn14...you must take pic of this beast if and when you get it..i see no problem mixing...good luck

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yeah good $ if it looks anything like Bry's 14-15" Piraya it's going to be one awesome fish.If I had the coin I would buy it. Also I'n not too sure about the 2 7" Caribe ur going to put in w/ it. Bry used to own my 10 1/4" Caribe and his Caribe and Piraya used to beat the sh*t out of it, kept it in the upper corner of the tank. If I were u i would keep it by itself until u get some more P's its size b/c 13-14" is huge compared to 7"s.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i still think I am going to mix em. I have faith in my Caribe. They are nuts. PLus wouldn't it be bad to but the Piraya in a tank all alone? I though you should give them somewhat of a shoal? Thats my main concern with your idea. Or do they not mind when they are that big?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if they have such a good shot of getting eaten, Could I put a Red and a Caribe? Or 2 Reds with him? I have 3 7" reds. Because really, I like my caribe alot more than my reds....

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Im not saying they will get eaten, I have never lost a fish to predation...but I have never had the pleasure of owning a 13" piraya either. If I had that option, I would not worry about reds or cariba I put with him...I would worry they may injure the piraya in a fight.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
grosse gurke said:
Im not saying they will get eaten, I have never lost a fish to predation...but I have never had the pleasure of owning a 13" piraya either. If I had that option, I would not worry about reds or cariba I put with him...I would worry they may injure the piraya in a fight.
Thanks for the Input GG! After wht you said, I think I am going with Reds with him. 1) The reds are weaker and less likely to injure the Piraya and 2) Reds can be easily replaced....So there we go! Should have pics in the next couple of days! Thanks for the Inout everyone!

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Who cares if he eats the 2 cariba....get the big guy. 7" Cariba are pretty cheap so I would give it a shot.
Damn good point!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i would go with the reds in with it aswell and you could still put 2 reds in a 70+ and 3 cariba in the other 70 + tanks you have.
i cant wait for the pics of that big boy, a 14'' piraya thats my dream.
dixon

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Yes very nice
I am planning on getting one of rons big piraya when they get in. Let us know how he does with the reds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts