Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,040 Posts
Little Waffen said:
my g/f just brought home some frozen silver sliders for my p's they ate that sh*t right up ,,i can put them in there normal diet if i want to right? along with shrimp smelt beefheart catfish fillets
[snapback]825253[/snapback]​
I would like to know the same thing.. as I have just started giving them silver sliders.. However, it seems my piranhas do not like to eat the heads?? WTF is that all about..

G

·
Are those a small marine fish often called 'silver sides'?

I don't know for sure, but there are people on this board that believe small, whole fish are one of the most nutritious foods you can feed.

· Registered
471 Posts
i agree with bullsnake... they say that the organ tissues the small fish are full of nutrients shrimp and fillets cant provide.. ..and if you were the fish..would you eat the head? its nothing but bone...no meat on it at all.. but ya i dont see anything wrong with it at all

· Registered
10 Posts
Judazzz said:
Look for smelt - if it's not the same, it's very similar to the fish on the picture: available at most pet stores, fish markets and a good number of super markets.
And indeed, whole fish, with gizzards, head and everything, are much more nutricious than just the fillets...
[snapback]828380[/snapback]​
Bought a pack of those frozen fishes yesterday, but my reds don't really seem to like it. But I bought it, and they will eat it. Even if I lose my pleco's in the teaching process.

· Registered
50 Posts
My p's love them silversides aka smelt is a regular part of their diet alone with shrimp, catfish, beef heart, squid, and amazingly pellets.....I like the fresh silversides from the local fish market because I get more and they are larger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.