Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my lfs and they had a silver gar. I bought him cause i really wanted a gar. I also purchased 3 neon tetras to bring life to my 30 gallon so now theres a pair of convicts a silver gar and 3 neons in a 30 gallon. I need some information on the gar.

2,170 Posts
I can provide you with a good amount of information on Hujeta gars when I don't have to rush out to work. However i'll tell you this right now. Those neon tetras are going to become a snack for your hujeta, and I would also suspect to see some problems from the cons towards your hujeta gar. They are predatory but not particularly agressive, and in my experience stress easily. Cons may not be the best choice of tankmates due to their higher level of aggro. Cichlids also tend to be fairly messy fish, and hujeta gars will really appreciate pristine water parameters. Also depending on the dimensions of your setup, it may be restricting for a hujeta gar, who often need lots of open space (turning space especially, width is an important dimension for tanks with hujetas.)

·
^word
4,323 Posts
It is also worthy to mention that your hujuta gar is very far from being a gar. Its really a Characin from the family Ctenolucidea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.