Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im almost certain my catfish is sick or serverly straved, ether way you can basically see all the features of him. iv tried to get it off bloodworms cause the other fish didnt like them, so i tried mixing and nether of the fish would eat, and so i did it bloodworms one day something like krill the other. i dont know why but my catfish never ate anything. he is now sitting infront of the water filter (clean water). iv tried moving him to food, which consist of a buttload of bloodworms and everything else i had. all he does though when not sitting is does flips and goes up to the water surface and sticks his nose out. i hadnt done a water change for 3 weeks, was going to do it this week but finals got in the way, so i was going to do it today but now that i saw him like this, (been so incredably busy i havnt been able to do anything more than feed him) im not sure i should do one because of stress.

what iv kinda decided is im going to leave the food in for a while and put the bubbler on, all the other fish seem fine though, but if he doesnt seem to eat anything and seems to worsen i think i might just have to kill him. sad though because i am setting up and moving my fishs to the 75g, i hope he makes it

i dont know what to do, water change? kill him? add salt? whatever

please help if you know what i should do

· joey'd is da man
11,920 Posts
post pics please, I'm unsure what the issue is from what you wrote?

as far as I can tell its skinny but eating?

water changes wouldn't hurt, neither would salt and also a good diet.

· Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the fish is extremly skinny, it almost seems like it happened over night, all he eats is bloodworms, nothing else. I cant get pics, but he looks fine until you move up close, he looks like a fish you fine in a bad pet store, idk why though, i feed them and all that, he, the one fish, wouldnt eat

now hes extremly skinny, acting weird and swimming all over, doing flips, the other fish are fine, acting normal,

i dont know what to do, im thinking of giving the tank till 5 or 6 and then do a water change and see, theres food all in the tank, the other fish have eating, except him

i feed the fish a good diet, very varied, krill, and a bunch of off-brand predatory fish foods with huge amounts of nutrition, no feeders, nothing live

i dont know how i went wrong
and its making me sad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.