Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the store looking for some shrimp the other day and there were a bunch of different kinds. There was salad shrimp, tiger shrimp, cotail shrimp... Does it matter what kind I get? Also, should I get the whole ones or the ones without the tails? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i use cheap shrimp rings, it used to work really well when they was younger

i heard somwhere on the forums that its good to feed them with the tail if your p's eat it, its supposedly good for their teeth.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just to add to this thread

I was add the grocery store yesterday looking for shrimp. I noticed that the salad shrimp and shrimp rings have salt added and are pre-cooked. Reading all the posts, it has been mentioned that you should buy shrimp pre-cooked, or with preservatives. Both these seem to have it.

Can you over look these if you have a wide variety of food? Would the shrimp ring be good to serve?

Thanks again PFURY!!!

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
shrimp and smelt is pretty much all I feed my p's. I feed them salad shrimps, cocktail shrimps and white shrimp. Better to feed them uncooked for the nutrients.To thaw them, it's easy, get a large (32 oz) cup and pour hot water in with them and leave sitting for like 10 min. Then dump all the contents in the water or individually. I find it's probably the cheepest food aside from catching it yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.