Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have a 4" inch black Rhom at the LFS but I am not sure if I should buy it because its quite expensive 69.99 Canadian. I know they are rare but thats expensive and I would have to buy a tank for it too. Unless I could use my 25 Gallon feeder tank ?

would 25 gallons be big enough for a 4" inch RHOM thanks and is that too expensive ?

all the best
Shred

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have a 4 inch TL Rhom in a 20 gallon. He is doing just fine and I plan to keep him in there till he grows another inch or an inch and a half.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
He would be fine for a quite a while, they grow pretty slow. The price depends on you. It is pretty cheap if you would have to pay shipping to get a little rhom.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
sound like an ok price to from what other canadians have said about getting different types of p's
go for it if you want to
dixon

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
thats a decent price and u could easily keep him in the feeder tank until he out grows that and u could then upgrade.

they grow slowly so that would buy u some time

·
Registered
387 Posts
it's a good price, I live in Montréal(québec) and one lfs sell them 40$ for 2"(but I just saw two of them this year). I tried with belowwater.com and they sell them 299$ for 6". Where do you live, because I'm serching for one at 2-4".

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I had an 8" Rhom in a 20 gal.
It can work, but it might not be very happy about it.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
They grow pretty slow so you can keep it in there for a while (till it grow about 7" TL). It will take enough time so you can buy a bigger tank then...still, if you have the money and room for a bigger tank (about 60-70g) get it so your Rhom will live in there for life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts