Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel like im doing nothing with my life. I go to college and all but i hate it. I work but hate it. I dunno im just a confused kid anyone got some insite??? Should i give my life to the government and supports our country and our troops?

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
don,t join the army men thats sucks

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
or the navy.... actually if i did join anything it would be the navy..... ive been out fishing many times and my grandfather was in the navy and I love the sea.... so yeah not army navy SHOULD I JOIN........

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
First I'd try to figure out your stance on the global political/military issues - you'll probably be fighting Washington's wars sooner or later if you join the army, so better make sure you find the issues worth risking your life for before putting your signature on any paper...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
ozhp said:
yeah im not a strong political kinda guy....... just dunno what i wanna do with my life.....
[snapback]826445[/snapback]​
You'll find something, but it's not easy: maybe it's comforting to know tons of people have a hard time figuring themselves 10 years from now...

Maybe some on-line tests help pointing out things that have your interest - from there, you can search more in-depth.

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,328 Posts
Filo said:
Remember the govt goes back on its promises to soldiers...
[snapback]826554[/snapback]​
Remember who's protecting your "beloved" country when you say that!

Here's my take on your situation...

You don't like college because of the work, but you want an education.

** Join the Navy:
1. Possibility you'll get stationed at some Naval station
2. Possibility you'll get stationed aboard a vessel, or sub depends on MOS
3. You'll be dealing with Marines...we get stupid, watch out
4. Navy offers good college courses and classes, as well as good college tuition
5. In summary, Navy is for the ones who want to spend time on a boat with 3000 other guys

** Join the Airforce:
1. Be prepared to be the butt of EVERY military joke out there
2. Gets treated the best, gets the best equipment
3. Sits around and push buttons, unless you're security, then you just stand gate guard
4. If you're smart and want to go through a 6 week summer camp, get paid losts of money, hang around beautiful military women but be the butt of all jokes, then the AF

** Join the Army:
1. Great college benefits
2. Possibility of being a ranger is very unlikely unless you have the heart and desire.
3. Will be the butt of every Marine joke
4. Boot camp is more physical
5. If you join the Army, you're chances of stationing in Europe is very high, you get great college benefits and you're not likely to goto war unless you're on the ground side, again...this depends on your MOS

** Join the Marines
1. Its tough
2. Its more mental, we focus more on leadership and training
3. 13 weeks of gruesome hell at bootcamp!

Another pointer...you have to be ABSOLUTELY 100% committed to join the military, no turning back.

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
i say do it, and your not giving your life to the government, i dont know why people

say that, its not like you join the army and aint allowed to do sh*t, if you join and pick a

nice job like mos rather then a infantry guy its like a 9 to 5 job with exersize in the morning.

i had a blast but i was in during peace time
, so i was lucky, i partied like hell only

remeber half my time there :laugh: , if i didnt come down with asthma i would have

signed back up in the coast guard to be a high speed boat driver
, that sh*t just

sounds like fukn fun to chase down smugglers

dont be a sissy, go sign up

** Join the Army:
1. Great college benefits
2. Possibility of being a ranger is very unlikely unless you have the heart and desire.
3. Will be the butt of every Marine joke
4. Boot camp is more physical
5. If you join the Army, you're chances of stationing in Europe is very high, you get great college benefits and you're not likely to goto war unless you're on the ground side, again...this depends on your MOS
/\
jar head

·
Registered
275 Posts
Or...you can become a shallow water sailor by joining the Coast Guard. Same bennies as the other services with a lot less of the military rule. You won't travel far from home(USA). Good Luck, its worth a try.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Joining the Army or military is an honorable thing to do but you have to consider that there's a good chance you'll be injured or killed in action. Coming home missing an arm, leg or blinded is not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
join the army, demand a ranger contract before you sign on the dotted line..this doesn't mean you are or will be a ranger (you have to earn that right), give your self 6 months to prepair for boot and train hard, eat right, run at "least" 3 miles in the morning crack of dawn and 3 miles in the evening.. do lots of push ups to where you can pound out at "least" 50 push ups like its nothing and still be able to eat some more.. get ready for pain, learn to enjoy pain because it will become your friend..prepare for the extreme and if you cannot take pain well and still have your wits, don't waste your time go out for communications or some sh*t like that and stay the hell away from Fort Benning (for your own good if your anything but a bonified grunt).

little hint of advice: when you feel your self getting sleepy, smack your self in the back of the neck :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts