Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO U GUYS THINK I SHOULD GET A RED LOBSTER TO CLEAN THE LEFT OVER FOOD IN MY P'S TANK OR JUST STICK TO STICKING IN THE NET EVERYDAY

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
if it works - do it.
But their is no need to put your net in everyday, feed less, or use a syphon, or just leave it untill you do a water change

·
Registered
159 Posts
I tried this a couple times and the P's left it alone for a few days but then they just beat the hell out of it. Of course, I didn't give it much of a place to hide either. I've heard the blue crabs that Pedro has do okay though.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Do you have a pleco to clean up the leftovers? Plecos do ok as long as they are a lot bigger than the p's. I am gonna try a blue lobster once I get my tank set up :rockin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had 2 blue lobsters, they do great. Just make sure you make a cave large enough for them to molt in (my first mistake), and one cave per (my second mistake). I still have one and the Ps dont mess with him, but he's pretty aggressive, and my Ps are well fed.

The first guy was forced to molt out in the wide open, and when they molt they are pretty feeble. Must have made a tasty treat.

They do clean up the scraps in a hurry, though. Actually, as soon as food hits the water he comes out and will sometimes take food from the other fish

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys i think i may get 1 red lobster about 3 " long or 2 blue crayfish i'll make a cave in one of the corners

·
Registered
49 Posts
My p's only ate a pleco when I severely neglected them. Actually, many times a pleco would steal a carcus away from the p's and defend it aggressively. It was very humerous. I think that the pleco's have tough skin, little meat, and don't taste good and the p's know this, so in general they leave them alone. I only lost a pleco about once every other month. They are much cheaper compared to the lobsters.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just added 3 red crayfish to my tank. It has been 3 hours now and they have been cleaning up scrap ever since. If they don't make it oh well, they were only 79 cents each. They do look cool though. I have some pics but have to figure out how to post them.

-Kevin-

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
RHOM said:
DO U GUYS THINK I SHOULD GET A RED LOBSTER TO CLEAN THE LEFT OVER FOOD IN MY P'S TANK OR JUST STICK TO STICKING IN THE NET EVERYDAY
ive done that, but every now and then it gets eaten, and I have to get another

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my p's eat everyday so i think they should be fine do u

·
Registered
76 Posts
i just put 3 red clawed crabs in with my four 5 inch rbp's about 8 hours ago, so far they havent stopped eating left overs, and havent been ate yet! :laughlong:
i think i could really get to like these crabs!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
RHOM said:
my p's eat everyday so i think they should be fine do u
mine eat twice a day, still they will eat a creyfish sometimes

·
Registered
259 Posts
Damn, It's been awhile since I've eaten at Red Lobster. Do they still have the 30 piece mix 'n match shrimp for $9.99? I hungry

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
red lobster, for the sea food lover in you

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts

My little crayfish tearing it up. He made a huge underground cave under the rocks behind him. He comes out only at night and takes any let overs into his cave. I love my crayfish.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts