Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*quote from george about the pics*

SharkAquarium Posted: May 19 2003, 11:19 PM

Sorry guys, (he says with a smile ), I honestly did not see this thread. The fish have been together about 3 weeks. It is great to see regulars walk in and just stare at the tank and say "OH SHlT " !!!!

These guys are 12"+. The smallest one is taking a bit of grief, and he will have to be removed before long. But they are eatting well (not each other !), and I wanted to try it. I will add a couple more when I get a chance. They do much better in the large tank, even if their fins get a bit tattered.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Defying impossibilities are always a site for sore eyes!! I'd like to see more pix of this shoal!!! Something for all Piranha hobbyists to

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You are a lucky guy but i still believe is not a good idea...time will tell...!

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
cool pic
would be something to have at home

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Someone has shoaled rhoms with reds before in home aquario I believe but unfortunately I dont' have the pics to back it up. If I remember right there were 2 rhoms and several reds in a 240 gallon and they coexisted for almost a year but eventually reds started turning up missing. So it seems inevitable without a very large tank that eventually it will turn into expensive feeders for the last rhom standing but those in that pic are simply housed together till their sold.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Still amazes me that HUGE 12"ers can be in housed in the same tank and still no casualties after 3 weeks. Hey WWC, are you gonna follow-up on this?? I'd like to know if anything happens during the next couple weeks. And try and get some more pix!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
im going to imagine these rhoms are wild caught and are used to one another to begin with. i dont doubt their incentives to kill each other in the future once they establish territory, but still a neat shot and idea at that!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.