Piranhas Forum banner

Do you follow the guides of a stereotype when it comes to black men/women?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was at my girlfriends graduation at FSU Saturday, and after she walked I ran down to get a picture of her walking back to her row. No joke, there was a black girl on her cell phone bitching into it about how long it was taking. She was walking back to her seat, less than 20 seconds after walking across a stage to be recognized as a college graduate- and on her cell phone bitching. Sad.

A black guy dressed in an African suit that had shoulders w/pads about 4 feet wide showed up about30 minutes after everybody walked(they were doing the doctorates and masters when he showed up) and walked down to the front row with his 5 year old son(who was wearing a gold chain that hung to his belly button and a medallion on the end of it about the size of a coaster) and his daughter of about 20. The dad had 5-8 dreadlocks that were hanging down past his knees and the rest were tucked into a hat that looked like Marge Simpsons hair. His dreads were swinging back and forth as he went down the steps and hit at least 6 people as he went down. They got to the front row and his daughter -during the middle of the graduation for those getting their doctorates(one guy was getting his 61st)- the daughter screamed out her sisters name and started waving and hooting. How embarassing that your family shows up 2 hours late and then screams at you while people are being hooded for their doctorates at an FSU graduation.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was at my girlfriends graduation at FSU Saturday, and after she walked I ran down to get a picture of her walking back to her row. No joke, there was a black girl on her cell phone bitching into it about how long it was taking. She was walking back to her seat, less than 20 seconds after walking across a stage to be recognized as a college graduate- and on her cell phone bitching. Sad.

A black guy dressed in an African suit that had shoulders w/pads about 4 feet wide showed up about30 minutes after everybody walked(they were doing the doctorates and masters when he showed up) and walked down to the front row with his 5 year old son(who was wearing a gold chain that hung to his belly button and a medallion on the end of it about the size of a coaster) and his daughter of about 20. The dad had 5-8 dreadlocks that were hanging down past his knees and the rest were tucked into a hat that looked like Marge Simpsons hair. His dreads were swinging back and forth as he went down the steps and hit at least 6 people as he went down. They got to the front row and his daughter -during the middle of the graduation for those getting their doctorates(one guy was getting his 61st)- the daughter screamed out her sisters name and started waving and hooting. How embarassing that your family shows up 2 hours late and then screams at you while people are being hooded for their doctorates at an FSU graduation.
sh*t you think thats something, how about when their in the movie theatre on the phone, while the movie is playing! I hate that alot of AA's think that everything that goes wrong in their life is somebody elses fault and not their own. sh*t most of them believe that OJ is innocent!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Are you surprised Danny? Black culture looks down upon traditional sucess - How can you expect men to suceed when the term 'oreo' not only exists, but is common, and generally accepted... Black men trying to get a legitimate education, turn down drug abuse, or keep a monogomous relationship are taunted and looked down upon. Sometimes by white men, but much more often by other blacks.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
^^ Then I guess they are just obligated to keep up the bad rap? White people get taunted for being churchy, keeping their virginity, being pussywhipped, or not drinking or smoking. It's as if they don't want to accept the fact that it's easier to be succesful in this world now than it was when the parents of current AA highschoolers were getting into the working world.

"This country is filled with highly successful black men who are leading balanced, stable, productive lives working all over the labor market," said Hugh Price, former president of the National Urban League. "They're stringing fiber-optic cable for Verizon or working the floor at Home Depot. . . . It's a somewhat invisible story."

Working at home depot is succesful?

BTW, at the FSU graduation Saturday, there were just at 2,000 graduates- MAYBE 50 of them were AA.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a black neighbor who is educated and speaks as though. The people I have the problems with are the ones who speak the hip hop language, as soon as someone starts spitting out the yo's and ho's, theyve lost my attn. and already labled them as uneducated or ignorant, its especially upsetting when you hear a white person who has adopted ebonics as his or her primary language. Like "Malibus Most Wanted". Its sad that some of the black culture would look down on others trying to better themselves by educating themselves or becoming successful in some way>

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Like chris rock said, and I quote, "I love black people, but boooyyyyy do I hate a #REMOVED#."

me too

That's fair to say- white people have white trash, spanish people have dirty mexicans, and jews have.......rich jews lol.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Are you surprised Danny? Black culture looks down upon traditional sucess - How can you expect men to suceed when the term 'oreo' not only exists, but is common, and generally accepted... Black men trying to get a legitimate education, turn down drug abuse, or keep a monogomous relationship are taunted and looked down upon. Sometimes by white men, but much more often by other blacks.
So your saying black people cant help but abuse drugs, abuse women, use women or get an education??

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
So your saying black people cant help but abuse drugs, abuse women, use women or get an education??
[/quote]

No, not even close. Where do you see anything resembling that? I am saying that they hold themselves down now, and take pride in it. Then they will turn around and blame their problems on whites and police. Obviously not all blacks have the same attitude (as shown by the referenced article) but a lot of them do, and the ones that don't do not make a big point of contradicting them like Bill Cosby does.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
I was just joking with ya man. I agree with what your saying to an extent, but would extend it to encompass society not just one group of people.

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
Also I think black youths think its either make millions like rappers or athletes and buy that mansion with the bentley or do the street thing(sell drugs, steal, etc.) and there is no in between. Im still young and I want to live a comfortable life so im working towards that goal little by litte. I dont imagine myself with a Tony Soprano type mansion and 10 cars in the driveway anytime soon but I see myself succeeding in life and not struggling to survive. You just have to be realistic about it.

**I know its not all black youths and not just blacks that think this way

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
i envy their huge johnsons, i wish i was black sometimes when i get out of the pool.

·
Registered
551 Posts
So your saying black people cant help but abuse drugs, abuse women, use women or get an education?? [/quote]
no he's saying that their culture tends to promote such behaviors. its like a bucket of crabs, as soon as one try's to climb out of the bucket the rest pull him back down.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I hate that alot of AA's think that everything that goes wrong in their life is somebody elses fault and not their own. sh*t most of them believe that OJ is innocent!
White peeple tend to blame everyone else for their own misfortunes as well - that's just human nature. And most Black people aren't naive enough to think OJ is innocent. Every black guy I've ever asked about it thinks he's guilty.
Believe me, I work in a pizza shop once a week, and most of the whites there scorn success just as much as the blacks. People just suck in general.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
FARGO, I don't know how the f*ck you tried to quote in post #17, but I never said that.

Somebody else on here misquoted me once on here like a EFFING idiot and I wold have loved to strangle them the way that they quoted my whole post except for the last sentence and then said "Yeah but what about the laid off, the handicapped, those with children??" when the last sentence of my post that he left out in the quote was the answer to what he quoted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts