Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if sand bottom would be a good thing to use as a begginer and does that effect live plants also? I was also wondering if 2 15 watt 18 inch lights will be fine for a 55 gal with live plants.Another thing was will i need a air pump if i have 2 bio wheels in my tank. well as u can see im a newb but in about 3 days i will be getting my 3 baby rb's, the power just went out for 3 days so i just wanna wate a little while just to let the fish settle in again a little bit. 1 more question is what foods should i buy for the baby's? like feaders/krill and what else? and also wondering what querntine means i saw a lot of people post stuff about it on the site.
Jarred

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
You will need to cycle your tank to build up benifcial bacteria. Sand will be no pose any real problem but if sand gets into your filter then you will have a jammed filter. It is also hard to clean the sand becuase your syphon will suck them all up. Try to feed your baby piranhas pellets and healty food. Vary your diet so they have a wide range of feed which will promote better growth and coloration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.