Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if it would be better to use one large heater in a 75 gallon tank or two smaller ones. A friend of mine suggested two smaller one would be better... does it really make a difference.... what do you guys have??

·
Registered
873 Posts
2 smaller heaters will heat the tank more evenly . . . plus, if one heater fails you still got the seccond one running. I have 2 100w submersable heaters on my 75 gal pygo tank.

~Will.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have 1 300 Watt heater for mine, and the temperature stays at an even 82.

I noticed that my 4 p's are always at the end where the heater is too.

Just a FYI...

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Two smaller heaters are better.
If one of two small heaters malfunctions you won't cook your fish.
One large heater malfunctioning has the ability to cook your fish.
You have the added back up of still having one heater left if one takes a dump on you too.
pete

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have one heater....water stays at 83 degrees all the time, no probs. I also put the thermometer on the opposite side of the tank just to make sure the water furthest from the heater was 83 degrees.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
You can also just have 1 heater, have it right in front of the powerhead/filter and have the heat evenly distributed by water flow. Best way to save energy and cost of buying an extra one

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I have always put my heater close to the filter, figuring that warm water would be sucked into the heater and then distributed throughout the tank....just my opinion. I have one heater in my 75 gallon.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i have only one and my temp does not stay at 80 deg it will vary always, i would go with two for reasons stated above...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts