Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know about Serrasalmus Sanchez. How big do they get? Do they need to shoal? Whats their avarage aggression ( I know it depends on the piranha ) habitation needs?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't think they get much bigger than 7" at the most, mine does not like brightly lit areas and is most active during the night under moonlight effect that I've created using blue masking tape. For the majority of the time he hides during the day however in terms of aggression will always chase the magnet scraper!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
They could live in a 30-40 gallon for life heres an example from a member here when they're mature.

As mentioned by sharpteeth mostly serras are nocturnal and must be provided with hiding places and couple of plants when they are young. In terms to their behaviour, i believe it takes time to get acclimated by its new environment especially when they are young they are most likely skittish and will hide.
All the fish stores i've seen who sells sanchezi they chase your finger when you touch the glass. Its amazing! i would've got them if i had more space.

·
Registered
780 Posts
all piranhas are different when it comes to behavior. i'd say get a different serra species, like a brandtii or a spilo, if you want more interaction. mine just sits there in one corner all day long and is skittish as hell. and they grow veeeerrrry slllloooooowwww

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
Psychopathic_Mixture said:
I would like to know about Serrasalmus Sanchez. How big do they get? Do they need to shoal? Whats their avarage aggression ( I know it depends on the piranha ) habitation needs?
[snapback]937007[/snapback]​
Take a look at this site ... www.opefe.com/sanchezi.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NavinWithPs said:
all piranhas are different when it comes to behavior. i'd say get a different serra species, like a brandtii or a spilo, if you want more interaction. mine just sits there in one corner all day long and is skittish as hell. and they grow veeeerrrry slllloooooowwww
[snapback]937067[/snapback]​
I don't think I could get a brandtii or a spilo because my tank is too small. Its a 38g. 3ft wide about ft deep and 19 1/2 ft tall so as far as these guys go I will probably not get one because most people say they're skitish BUT it all depends on the piranha as EVERYBODY seems to say I got it memorized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts