Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
The Manuelli i ordered that turned out as S.Sanchezi is now back in my home.
This guy is so great i just could risk them selling him.
I have temporarily dividen my 30G with a glass divider. I will, sometime over christmas, get a new tank for him or divide a larger one.

I had to take the divider to my lfs to modify it. Meaning i had to leae the fish together for a short while. I had some of my GF's, GF's watch them while i was away. Before i left i observed them for a while. The resident Sanchezi ( had for some time ) i believe she's a she, reacted totally different to the other Sanchezi, i believe hes a he, than any other fish ive had with her. They have been together for 2 days with the divider and have always stayed close together. This continued as i removed it. Both fish sat side by side.
The female has taken out many fish, several alot bigger then her. She will not tollerate any fish near her, but here she is chilling with one. i think she clealy recognize her own species. I let them stay this whay for a while, after a few hours ( as i suspected ) the mood changed. So the divider is now back. A couple of fins nipped and maybe some broken harts.

This is the custom cut 8mm glass divider

Note the difference in color, she is bright red while he is more gold like

male Sanch with flash

Here they are "shoaling".

http://smg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v713/pro_noob/Bilde305.flv

When i was about to place the male in the tank, i snapped a few quick shots

female a while back

·
Registered
400 Posts
How did you manage to buy a Manuelli which turned out to be a S.Sanchezi??? Anyway it is a great looking fish so well done on getting lucky still!

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice......I like that last pic....must have been taken with a different camera.
yes that the female a while back, my new cam takes crappy pics.

heres a pic of the Male Sanch when i first had him.

·
YOU SUCK AT LIFE
2,240 Posts
Nice fish and if you want to try a fish with attitude I recomened a black diamond.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sand for the tank arrived today. im going to pick it up after work.
thinks it will look sweet.

So far so good.

Both fish hang out side by side all day long. if one starts to move around the other follows it.
No sign of agression so far.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
both fish hang out side by side (with the divider in the middle) all the time.

they swim along side one another as well. very peacefully. but im shure if i remove the divider, the fighting begins.

they might not be trying to eat one another, but they certainly nip when they get the chance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts