Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Just added 2 baby Serras (less than 1 inch) in my 20 g tank, and these bastards are agressive. Just let them swin together with 10 tetras, who was larger than the Serrras. And after 1 minute two of them where eaten!

Looking forward to them growing up, anybody else with Serra, pics?

Ill post a video later in my video thread...

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Your reference to Serrasalmus Natterei is a bit confusing. I know of no such species. There is the common pygocentrus natt. and manny types of different serras, but no Serrasalmus Natterei. Post some pics up asap so we an ID these fish for you. MIght be hard however if they are babies.

~Dj

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Serrasalmus nattereri is Pygocentrus nattereri, the reference to Serrasalmus nattereri is outdated and now incorrect. Take a look at the Meyers book or around the Internet, you will find many references to S. nattereri. The proper classification now though is Pygocentrus nattereri.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
So basically, you have REDS. Let us know how it goes with them, as even reds are wonderful fish.

~Dj

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
True!...wrong info. We are talking about Pigocentrus Nattereri!

There are only 2 more pygos: P. Cariba and P. Piraya!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
PIRANHA KING said:
Mr. Hannibal said:

dont forget about ternetzis(yellow natts).
wes
Ternetzi are simply Yellow bellied Pygocentrus Nattereri...they have not been identified into any category of their own as it stands.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi again!

I have 6 RBPs as well (see videolink signature) and i bought these ones as babies too and they do not look the same. I do not have any pics yet, but i will make some this weekend.

They look a bit "higher" on the back and bigger jaws, like a stretched pygo natt. And they are more agressive in my opinion.

Looking forward finding out what kind of p's they are....

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
usually baby p's either turn out to be natts or spiloplura. No bettter way to ID then a pic.

~Dj

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
PIRANHA KING said:
Mr. Hannibal said:

dont forget about ternetzis(yellow natts).
wes
Come on..."Yellow Natt"= All Natts. You can find them in many colours...red, orange, yellow, green...still, the same species...the same Natt.!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
PIRANHA KING said:
i have owned both and ternetzis are nothing like regular natts.
wes
mine didnt act anything like regular Natts either (purple, green, copper or brown) Natts are merely a hue difference, still red belly, Ternetzi are a totally different color, yellow belly

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.