Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
Technically Serrasalmus species are solitary fish. It is at what cost you are willing to put up with such an experiment. Hey, i've seen it first hand a shoal of elongs packed in a 20 gallon with no fin nips....It's all up to you...People will tell you no, others will say go for it...I doubt Sanchezi or any Serra would successfully shoal without a very large tank. My experience is that it will destroy anything that moves. When i had mine in the 55 i had a pleco 3 times his size and he still killed it by drilling a hole through his head.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
azeral26 said:
Excellent reply. That cleared up a lot of questions I had. So the sanchezi , in some cases, eats the fins of the natteri for a food source. I thought the fin nipping was exclusively for territory issues (It was a newbie assumption). Weird. That is
. You have expanded my understanding.
[snapback]837354[/snapback]​
Frank has expanded many people's understanding. That is why he is respected by so many people on this site especially me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.