Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Hi guys, I just ordered a Serrasalmus Rhombeus from somebody and he brought me Serrasalmus Medinai by mistake. When I first saw it I thought it was a juvinile Red belly so I told him to take it back because I do own a Rhombeus and it looks nothing like it but then I gave it a closer look and saw his robust shape towards the head but the red belly and cariba like characters through me out. Anyway I brought him home and put them in with my caribas. There are 9 male female carribs in there do you guys think its a good idea to keep him in there or should I put him in a tank of his own..thanks

· Registered
1,725 Posts
necroxeon said:
Hi guys, I just ordered a Serrasalmus Rhombeus from somebody and he brought me Serrasalmus Medinai by mistake. When I first saw it I thought it was a juvinile Red belly so I told him to take it back because I do own a Rhombeus and it looks nothing like it but then I gave it a closer look and saw his robust shape towards the head but the red belly and cariba like characters through me out. Anyway I brought him home and put them in with my caribas. There are 9 male female carribs in there do you guys think its a good idea to keep him in there or should I put him in a tank of his own..thanks
[snapback]855511[/snapback]​
Welcome to FURY...post some pix of your fish when you have the time...you might be able to get away with it...but just to be on the safe side...get him his own tank...check out www.aquascapeonline.com this site has pix of a Medinai...

and how do you know you have male and female caribe???

· Registered
18 Posts
I don't think the Medinai is that rare of a fish. I have one that I know for a fact is a Medinai and the lfs has them all of the time. As far as keeping them together...maybe I have mine in with a 9" Rhombeus and he gets chased alot but holds his own...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.