Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help picking out my next addition ....so im leaving the decision up to Pfury.....

Give me your favorite and why you think so.
Also, let me know if you own your pick.

Thanks Much

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Manny. 'cause it looks sick!
Nope, I don't own one. Can't find any close by.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I own a elong manny and a mac. My best looking by far is the manny then the mac then elong. MY most agressive fish is by far my elong then my mac a close second and my manny is pritty scittish.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
A shoal of caribe, or a Black Diamond Rhom... both vicious and awesome to own

I have owned both.. right now I have a Black Diamond Rhom and he is a monster.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
7" + marginatus i suggest, only because thats what i want, but room is getting tight :laugh:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Geryi or Diamond Rhom.... Geryi are just awesome looking, but hard to come by... Diamond rhoms are pretty sweet looking as well and both of mine are a lot more aggressive and swim a lot more than my geryi... the diamond up in my room is still for sale... could work you a good deal man!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Go with the Diamond Rhom!

I do not own one currently, but after I close on my new house I will.

·
Registered
416 Posts
black diamond rhom! pick mine up at 11am today!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tough Question and depends on what size tank you have available.

I would choose a Geryi as a single specimen fish, but if you don't like/ can't get a big Rhom is a must. else the best P I have other than those 2 is a Compressus(most active and agressive Serra I have).

JFK

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think it depends on the fish itself not the species. You would'nt even know that I have a rhom in my tank he hides during the day in a cave , The only way I see him is if I turn the lights on and catch him out in the open then within a few seconds its back to hiding. The only action you see is the guppies that I throw in there with him. His size is probobly almost 4 inches now.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
It all depends on the personal taste... anyway my favorite Serras are irritans, rhombeus, elongatus, geryi, medinai and neveriensis
!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
what about a compressus or maybe a brandtii both great fish.

i dont have either of them myself but i wouldnt pass up the chance to get one

G/L man keep us posted with pics

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOW...this is hard...im trying to add up and see what the concensus was....and everyone has a different fav!

C'mon Pfury! MY FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS....WHAT SERRA SHOULD I GET

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i say go based on you $$$and tank size... if u have lots of $$$ and want a single fish i say go with a Manny or diamond rhom. .... if u want a shoal then go with a geryi or piraya or caribe.
If u are going for something smaller. (smaller tank size and such)... go with an eigmanni or banditi or something like that.
good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like my compressus. Real aggressive and very active. My ex girlfriend plays with him all the time. She'l bite at him through the glass and he'll bite back and then he gets all wild. Plus they stay small which is a plus if you live in an apartment like me.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I will get an irratan because they are beautiful fish, pretty hard to get, and pretty aggressive from what I hear...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts