Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im buying a 4inch sanchezi for 50 bucks canadian is dat a good deal?? never had 1 ..my only expirience is with REDS but they suck to shy ..what i wanna know about sanchezi are they finger chasers ?? are dey meaner and badder than REDS ?? sanchezi owners plss lmk if there great fish to own !!!

·
Mentally Addicted!
2,444 Posts
mines still abit on the shy side...but hes awsome!!

aggressive depends on the fish, different fish have different personality...

·
Registered
209 Posts
yea true depends on the fihes personality, i had 7 in a 150, there was always plenty of movment in that tank, still a bit on the shy side though, but alot of fin nipping as well ,just be ready with a hospital tank if your gonna house them together, gl.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Mine went through a few phases since ive had him. First he was shy and boring, then i planted his tank and gave him plenty of hiding spaces and he began to perk up. There were a few weeks when he was a finger chaser and i couldnt stick my hand in the tank to move stuff around without him trying to nip me. I could also feed him by hand during this time period, by just holding a piece of tilapia right below the water and he would rise and rip it apart. Now he has calmed down a bit and whenever the lights go on or off, or when i come near he seems to dart away and hide.

I guess it depends on the fish most off....but they are beautiful P's none the less. I think that 75% of people buy a serra thinking that it is a rhom or something else and then realize after a few months that its actually a sanchezi. Nonetheless they are still pleased.
Good pick up

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
It will all just depend on the individual fish's personality... no telling what he will be like until you get him in your tank and give him a month or two to get acclimated to his new tank and environment.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Yup! just like it stat above..aggression it up to indiviual fish itself..some Sanc can be mean and some can be aggressive.

Dont judge the fish until the fish are comfortable and use to tank first it if aggressive or not...It can take days, weeks, or maybe month.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've had a Rhom that was nuts as hell but then I've had another Rhom that was a big queer. You'll find out sooner or later. I hope its a nutter for you.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
mine are total pussies. ive had one of them for about 3/4 of a year.
still love them, but if i was looking for fingerchasing fish id hate them.
get a cichlid if you need it to be agressive.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
aggresion depends on the individual fish. I have one and it is aggressive. It chaces my finger from outside the tank :nod:

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
ONE WORD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YES.......................but at the end of the day it depends on the individual fish

·
Registered
221 Posts
sanchezi is a great fish. you will like it way better than your reds. 50 canadian is good as well for it, most shops in canada charge more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
sanchezi is a great fish. you will like it way better than your reds. 50 canadian is good as well for it, most shops in canada charge more.
It's a damn good price, yeah ! I bought mine it was about 1 1/2 or 2 in, and I paid 40 bucks tax in for it. 50 for such a big one is awsome !

But I can't really tell if it's actually aggressive... It nips my much bigger one's tails, that for sure.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think that 75% of people buy a serra thinking that it is a rhom or something else and then realize after a few months that its actually a sanchezi. Nonetheless they are still pleased.
Good pick up
I'm in that 75%...mine was sold to me as a rhom. I've had him about 6 months now, he's about 4", and is as skittish as the day I bought him, even with a heavy planted tank. My reds are far more aggressive.

·
Registered
271 Posts
When i first got mine he hid behind a plant for about a month.Now he,s mean as hell charges at the glass as soon as i put my hand near it (i really need to get a video of this)and he snaps up anything as soon as it hits the water.As said though it really depends on the individual fish but just give it some time they really are great fish.

I forgot to add $50.00 canadian is a really good price i,ve seen larger ones around here go for as much as $90.00 Canadian.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think that 75% of people buy a serra thinking that it is a rhom or something else and then realize after a few months that its actually a sanchezi. Nonetheless they are still pleased.
Good pick up
I'm in that 75%...mine was sold to me as a rhom. I've had him about 6 months now, he's about 4", and is as skittish as the day I bought him, even with a heavy planted tank. My reds are far more aggressive.
[/quote]

I'm part of that too BTW. But fortunately, I wasn't looking for a rhom in the first place.

Mine seems to have only one major problem : he can't seem to feed on anything else than the big RBPs. When it'S hungry, it doesn't wait and chases the bigger ones. I only fearone'll get tired and snap half it's face off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts