Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Starting to train again. Solved my 7 year shoulder injury. Set up my own home gym. I'm good to go. Thought I would start this thread cuz I'm chompin' at the bit to get back in the shape I used to be in,

Fill me in... what are your best lifts?
If it was when you were on the junk you need to mention that. Also mention what you were weighing and your height.
I train natural so would like to here what you guys can do.
My best lifts are all done with no wraps, belts etc... RAW lifts.
370 bench
550 rock bottom squat... also 335 for 20 reps.
550 deadlift.
I was 5'10" and 205 lbs.

Also I entered a strongman with a bummed shoulder and did pretty well. One event I carried 370 lbs over 110 yards.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
yeah dude, you gotta be huge!!!

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
lol... yeah 204 is far from "huge"... i know what you mean dude- i get that often... "dude, your huge"..... its like no- i might be big, but im definetly not huge!its funny the most i was ever benching was 3 plates 6-8 times, but i was 19 and weighed 215 @ 6'2"... now at age 25 id blow my shoulder if i tried that, but my chest looks better than ever doing inclines with up to a couple plates and alot of flies... i dont go heavy anymore- over the last few years realitosis kicked in and im content with just looking good rather than trying to be bigger than everyone- im trying to get healthy also... btw im now 230-235lbs around 10% bf---

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i do a lot of core training not to much actually weight lifting but my dumbell presses im doing those with 110's in each hand no juice.

im 245 6'4" right now but once i get back from boot i should be stronger and lighter. im hoping right around 220.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Man I'm 6'3" or so, but only 170. I'm REAL cut though, and have started trying to gain weight since the school year started... Over the summer I was running 3 miles a day, and weighed 150... Now I'm 170, doing lots of heavy compound lifts and eating like a horse, and I cut out most of the cardio. With real long arms it's real hard to bench like shorter people who are even smaller than me.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
ive been doing mostly cardio as of late.. since my recruiter said i have to get rid of a few more lbs. and ive stayed even since ive been gaining so much muscle as of late.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
red belly dom beet me to it lol but im alittle bigger and stronger then you at least!
lol 19 5'9 185lb hahaha here comes the funny------> bench about 200 and dead lift about 340

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey Pat what was wrong with your shoulder?
My external rotator cuff (Inraspinatus, Teres Minor) was contractured. I fix sports injuries for a living but couldn't fix it myself so when the old therapist came back to work I had him do some hardcore trigger point therapy on it and it fixed it in about 4 treatments.

Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
My external rotator cuff (Inraspinatus, Teres Minor) was contractured. I fix sports injuries for a living but couldn't fix it myself so when the old therapist came back to work I had him do some hardcore trigger point therapy on it and it fixed it in about 4 treatments.

Thanks for asking.

[/quote]

Wow I actually know what you are talking about! I have a test TOMORROW in my BioMechanics II class that includes biomechanics of the shoulder - those both have their origin on the scapula and insertion on the humerus, and the function of both is adduction and lateral rotation.... The other two muscles of the rotator cuff being the Supraspinatus and subscapularis

Glad you got it fixed!

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
i bench like 50 lbs.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
those strongman competitions are craaaaazzzzzyyyy, good luck dudes!

hmmm now that i think about it....pics should be in progress.. for all i (we) know -- you guys could just be a bunch of fat slobs! heh j/k... there's always posts of these hott girls on here... where are all the hott guy pics for the 1-2-3-4 or so girls on pfury.. heheh chuckle chuckle.

i decided to correct myself... i meant the 1-2-3-4 or so girls i see in the Loungeee... =)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

Thanks for asking.

[/quote]

Wow I actually know what you are talking about! I have a test TOMORROW in my BioMechanics II class that includes biomechanics of the shoulder - those both have their origin on the scapula and insertion on the humerus, and the function of both is adduction and lateral rotation.... The other two muscles of the rotator cuff being the Supraspinatus and subscapularis

Glad you got it fixed!
[/quote]

You got it man. Sounds like a cool class. I wish they had that when I was in school!

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
I never go for max lifts. ive been lucky and have had no injuries.

im in no whay in good shape

I weigh 210 and im 6.1

im not ripped but certainly not fat.

id be doing chest press with 110 if i could but my gym only has 90's so im stuck with them. have to go slow and do 8x3 in stead of 8, 7, 6

my best exercise or were im strongest compaired to others is biceps press, sitting over a bench i can lift 140 x 8. so im in no whay a strong man, but then again not trying to be one either.

i alwhays hear people saying im too big and must be doing juice etc. just shows how ignorant most people are.

·
Banned
9,412 Posts
im 6'3 220...not currently lifting, just cardio, i want to shed it before i SHREDD it. haha. i just want a 6-pack, thats it...but i've lost 45 lbs in about 4 months. not too shabby.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
im 6'3 220...not currently lifting, just cardio, i want to shed it before i SHREDD it. haha. i just want a 6-pack, thats it...but i've lost 45 lbs in about 4 months. not too shabby.
45 lbs in 4 months is great. Good job

·
Registered
4,112 Posts

Thanks for asking.

[/quote]

i jsut ask cuz i have a problem with my right shoulder keeps popping outta place ever since i dislocated in a soccer game.. but like i played dodgeball and threw it out of its socket and pulled pry every muscle in my upper arm.. but i can lift and workout fine just shouldnt throw things i guess.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts