Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
10,481 Posts
I went back and re-read the email from my contact. The bill was resurrected from someone inside of ODFW, then pushed through along the "chain". It was sitting on Sen. Ringo's desk collecting dust and then was "pushed" again by ODFW official. They want their hearing. No name was mentioned on the "who". So that was my mistake in thinking it was mentioned. I'll find out more tomorrow.

· Registered
10,481 Posts
I sent Hollywood a PM. I remember he was telling me of a phone call from ODFW or something like that back in summer or early fall (2004) that the State was going to ban piranas again. I was on a trip to Oregon State University to deliver some piranas to the Neotropical Division there. Hollywood had met up with me and had some dead fish to give as well. I'm hoping he can fill in the blanks on where this started, to make piranas illegal again.

· Registered
10,481 Posts
To continue from Hollywood, I went to OSU and spoke to Prof. Doug Markle. He told me, he indeed spoke to Messmer and advised him piranas pose no problems in Oregon. They should focus on released weatherfish and smallbass problems, not fish that cannot live in our waters. I thought the entire thing was dead after Messmer spoke to Markle. Evidently not, which brings us up to NOW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.