Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone help me identify these critters. Im not positive but think that they came from smelt I caught from the columbia river. They are flat in appearance and cling on the the piranhas body.

[IMGhttp://home.1asphost.com/HOLLYWOOD/sealice2.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responce. Hopefully this will help others with the same problem. I feed all my Piranhas smelt however this parasite only lives in the ternetzi tank. I have not found any in the caribe or natt tanks.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Could be 1 of 2 things, your pirana might have already been infected or one of your feeder smelt was infected and introduced it to that one tank.

That's what I meant about not using wild caught fish to feed piranas. If you insist on doing it, at least quarantine and med treat the feeders before giving them to your piranas.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
hastatus said:
Could be 1 of 2 things, your pirana might have already been infected or one of your feeder smelt was infected and introduced it to that one tank.

That's what I meant about not using wild caught fish to feed piranas. If you insist on doing it, at least quarantine and med treat the feeders before giving them to your piranas.
I second that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts