Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2" re bellys scratch against plants and the rocks. They do not do this all the time, but once and a while i see them doing this, it is not only after they are fed. Im wondering what i should do, could it be a parasite that i can catch and cure early, or something else?

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
my 2" re bellys scratch against plants and the rocks. They do not do this all the time, but once and a while i see them doing this, it is not only after they are fed. Im wondering what i should do, could it be a parasite that i can catch and cure early, or something else?
I ran into this problem awhile ago and I exhausted every option posible only to find out that my powerhead was creating a small electrical current that I couldn't feel but my fish could. After I grounded my tank it stopped. I'm not saying this is whats wrong with you but you never know. Check all your water parameters, that may be the problem. Post your reading and we'll help you further.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Could be stress, Signs of bad water quality, Check your water with a test kit, Do weekly water changes and add stress coat. IMO

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
As everyone has stated, start off by checking your water parameters. That could answer your question real quick. Other than that, it could be a number of different things. Parasites (Ich), Gill Flukes, or whatever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked the parameters, everything is perfect............they seem very healthy, they just scratch on the plants and rocks once and a while.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i checked the parameters, everything is perfect............they seem very healthy, they just scratch on the plants and rocks once and a while.
my fish do it all the time, both my buddy's do it....i figure its normal....say u have an itch do u go to the docs and take meds and everything? no....u scratch it...id say totally normal (just because you arnt a fish so u dont know what it is doesnt mean to drop meds in all the time right)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts