Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just read in CNN that judges have ruled these disclaimer stickers should be removed which is great but why would they have been there in the first place? so i did a search and found a sheet of the stickers apparently the top left is the origonal used in the books and all the others are mocking it, they get progressively funny..

the lnk these stickers came from

·
Don't f*ck with the fairy.
5,168 Posts
4th down on the left... ahahaha. yeah by the way.... libraries get pissed when you relocate all the bibles to the fiction section.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
The part about it being a theory isn't so bad, but some of them are just moronic.

·
Registered
24,433 Posts
BraveHeart007 said:
I think the first sticker should stay on all text books. Evolution is a theory yet when I went to hs. It was taught on the same level as being a fact. Like the Second Law of Thermodynamics - Entropy
[snapback]844709[/snapback]​
No, I disagree. Biology is full of theories, there is no PROVING in biology. Comparison to physical sciences is unfair.

Biology and other sciences deal with the natural and physical, religion deals with the supernatural and metaphysical. Whatever you believe, they should not be able to define each other. Of course members of each party sometimes try...

Those sticker are so funny, good to poke fun at some people wanting society to move back in the direction of witch trials....

·
Registered
24,433 Posts
To put it succinctly, there is no debate whether or not life has changed form over time, it has. Fossils show this fact. How it happened (or if the devil put those fossils there).... well....

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
BraveHeart007 said:
I think the first sticker should stay on all text books. Evolution is a theory yet when I went to hs. It was taught on the same level as being a fact. Like the Second Law of Thermodynamics - Entropy
[snapback]844709[/snapback]​
The second law of thermo is a law because it has not been disproven and is universally accepted. Scientific laws cannot be proved, only disproved. The law of gravity has never been "proved". It works in everytime i have tested it(walking, throwing a ball, etc.), but you can't prove it. Until someone proves it false(won't happen) it is considered law.

The problem with placing a sticker on the book implies that there should be some sort of other explanation. Essentially, they are inferring that students should look at creationism, which has religious roots. One cannot explain creationism without the use of a god, higher power, or supreme being. That is where the problem lies. Once they start teaching creationism, they end up teaching a little hint of religion. In a public school, that is wrong.

Do all creationists believe that the earth is only 4000 years old?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i agree with evolution being just a theory(i beleive in creation myself) but some of those other ones are sooo far out dumb

LOL! is there a doubt that the earth is spherical? LOL!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
acestro said:
To put it succinctly, there is no debate whether or not life has changed form over time, it has. Fossils show this fact. How it happened (or if the devil put those fossils there).... well....
[snapback]844742[/snapback]​
actually, i beleive that i do not know the true age of the earth, but i do beleive mankind only has been around for a few thousands of years. but the earth itself could very well be billions of years old

1 - 13 of 13 Posts