Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored of studying for finals and decided to snap a few pics of my fish. Fogive the bad photography, the camera I have doesnt take good pics of constantly moving fish. Here they are, they are about 4 inches or so.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
10 G. Spilos in my 180

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G. Spilos in my 180

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G. Spilos in my 180

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Full Tank Shot 180 gallons

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Nice tank, eh? I bet all you guys want spilo tanks now. HaHaHa. These guys are not easy to school. As you can see in the first pic, I caught TWO pairs in the face "off dance". There are a few that have tattered fins. I would say out of 10, about 4 or so have pretty good fins. Those are usually the bigger ones og course. As you might have also noticed, I dont even have the tank lights on to take these pics. I do have lights, but I really dont like to casue unecesary stress to my fish. As you can see, the out side room light is more then enough to take the pics and view my fish. They seem to be happier this way.

You can find past pics of my spilos, as well as other pics of my fish in the link in my sig. Please, try to refrain from drooling.

Imma have to get some updated pics of my Altuvei soon. I think I'll wait though till i move his tank.

~Dj

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
as usual dj that sh*t is hot i love the color but my 180 will be better looking
lol

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I wonder if they could take down a pinky yet? HmMmMm....

I may have to be the first to get spilos into the carnage forum. HaHaHa. Its a shame I have no DigiCamcorder. Dunno if I could do it even if I had one.

~Dj

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
VERY NICE...AND PINKY..HELL THEY'LL FINISH THAT QUICKY...

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Dj,
They are looking great. Glad to see no casualties. They would demolish the hell out of pinkies i'd bet. Gotta love the sand in the tank also. That would be great if you could get them on tape eating.

Joe

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
if you want, you supply the pinkie, pay for shippin and handling,

i'll let you borrow my canon elura 2 (digi camcorder) with a tape. mini dv. awesome picture.

i would love to see those golds take down a pinkie. i had one gold who would kill anything at 4inches, i cant even imagine 10 of them killing a mouse

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Very nice. Any signs of breeding yet?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
d.j how spilo have you lost in trying to make them shoal together?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Thanks guys for all the kind words. So far I have had no casualties. When I first got them, there was sent an extra one, so I actually started with 11, but that one died the day after I got him, which led me to believe it was something that was out of my hands (perhaps stress from shipping). So I dont really count him as a casualty.

They have been going strong in the 180 for about 6 months now. No signs of mating yet. I think they are still a bit small. Maybe in a few months. Glad you all like the pics. Its been a while since I posted any.

~Dj

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
wow nice tank and spilos, all that room they must love it!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts