Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought 5 piraya for my 240 in mid-august. they were all the same size (2"-3"). all of them have been growing nicely, and of course there is a biggest one (approaching 6") the mid-sized ones, around 5", and a LITTLE one, hes still about 3" long! what gives? i feed them regularly, do water changes, and they have lots of room. and all the others are growing nicely. im worried that hes going to end up lunch if he doest grow soon... oh and i watch them eat, and he always gets food, he comes away looking very full actually.

· Registered
57 Posts
quite often it's the big one that get's it not the smallest

So long he's eating well and not getting picked on should be ok!

Paul.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
If they are all well-fed, the smallest one included, there's not too much reason to be worried - piranha's rarely attack healthy prey. In the wild, they mainly feed on stressed, weakened, injured or sick animals.
Having said that, there will always be a slight risk, but that's a risk that applies to all Pygo shoals: they can - and do - turn on each other for no appearant reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.