Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 7 natts in a 135g
so i come home from work and look in the reds tank , but i only count 6. so i think i am trippin....
i get a call and talk for 10 min or so. when i hung up i walked back to the tank and counted 6 again, i feared the worst and looked everywhere for a half red floating. no sign of him so i see the others don't look fat like they ate him. then i looked down and he was on the floor, sh*t, not flopping or even wet!!!!! he had been there a while.........as i pick him up by the tail i saw the faintest mouth movement, but he was dry and so was the tile? so i thought what the hell and tried to revive him. to my amazement his little gills started moving the tiniest little bit. so i moved him around in the water for 5min or so, then put him in a net as not to hurt the community tank if he came to. now 3 hours later and he is swimming up right!

so there is my story
SAM
View attachment 127891
View attachment 127890
View attachment 127889

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
did you give him mouth-to-mouth recesitation?

jace
sh*t, that sounds like a painfully bad idea! It had me LOL a little, though.

Good save, Sam!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hope he is good to go by tonight
i will put him back in with the others before bed
hope he is not brain damaged

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
man same thing happend with my elong i woke up to a noise didnt think anything of it. Went back to sleep was like oh sh*t check the tank hes not in there he was under my bed must have been there for 10 mins saved him i thought he was dead for sure

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thats an awesome story. I kind of had a simalar experiance with my saltwater aquarium. i had a Clown fish for years and he ate just as much as the others but he was paper thin. Like Really unbelievably thin you would have thought he was about to die anyday. One day when i completed a water change the winter the water temp dropped a little low. I went Downstairs ate my supper and upon arrival i have noticed him floating belly up with no movement at all. I had a bucket of the old tank water on the floor so i just put some in a bag and floated him in it in my piranha tank for awhile. Every now and then i would move him around. after about 15 min his gills started moving also. It was defintly a great feeling knowing you have saved one of your fish's lives. Especailly after you think you havbe lost them!

Glad to hear your fish survived.

-Justin

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Man great story bro. Jold on on putting the Piranha back in with the rest of the shoal. Give the P at least 48 hours before you make the move man.

Hater

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I had a little one jump years ago that seemed to just dissapear. I didn't think the other Ps would eat the head but I couldn't find it in the tank. Looked all around the tank and no sign. I didn't find it until a couple days later
it had landed perfectly on the little ledge of exposed dresser(tank stand) on the back side. It was all dried up by then.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts