Piranhas Forum banner

sand

445 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Dr Exum 
#1 ·
hey any one have any bright ideas as to where i can p/u some black sand for less than $1 per pound...

i got some white sand from home depot 100# for $6 but it really shows when they crap....

#3 ·
white sand does not show alot of sh*t like black sand doess... thats why im staying with white sand

white sand matches there sh*t cuz its lighter ... now black sand is just showing it off more.

#5 ·
ya my sucker fish did that too. you can really see his sh*t huh, but piranhas have lighter sh*t color... so its up too you ... i got ride of my sucker fish aready. I want black sand though so my fish can stand out more. let me know where you get yours.. thanks

#13 ·
Dr Exum said:
hey any one have any bright ideas as to where i can p/u some black sand for less than $1 per pound...

i got some white sand from home depot 100# for $6 but it really shows when they crap....
[snapback]857981[/snapback]​
Where you from. I have a 20lb bag of black sand..... I give it to you for $14.....

#15 ·
i have gotten all my black sand either on the net here http://www.aquariumpros.com and the other black sand that i have is from the lfs. i really dont think that u will be able to get it for that cheap. i also think u dont realize that the black sand shows alot more dirt then he white sand does. i like this thouhg, it is easier to clean up after. i have black sand in all but one of my tanks.

#18 ·
yea, for sure i followed the pinned sand thread for washing and it seems to be working out... it was not even cloudy....and tons cheaper...they also have play sand which is more of a natural rock color and not as fine...i will be getting more this weekend...............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.