Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most people here have stone.
I can get stone cheep, and sand cheap, so i dont care.
Is sand ok for them? How do you clean the sand? or just go get some rock? I got a 4ftx8ft bottom to cover
so ... kinda a lot of room to play with.

i like white rock, but its not natrual... but oh well. Ill prb go with some pea stone or sand.
just want to make sure sand is ok?
and if any one is using sand, how did you clean it? and do you weekly clean it, like people graval vac?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I know a few people who use sand in their aquariums and I guess its ok for them. I personally use gravel...I have blue mixed with white in my 80 gallon and it looks really good.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks i guess ...
I am shifting from post whore, to a ontopic helpfull lad, and i hope its working.

Any one else have any ideas on the sand thouht?

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SnowCichlid said:
bobme said:
Any one else have any ideas on the sand thouht?
I think it will be fine, it is really a matter of waht you think will look best for you.
Yea i understand that, i am trying to get some ideas as to how to clean the sand though.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I've heard that crap sits on top of the sand and is easy to clean with the normal gravel tube, syphon, I was thinkin bout mixing sand with natural colored gravel. Make sure you wash the sand before putting it in. In a 5 gallon buckett would work. It's going to take a long time for your tank, but the smaller amouint of sand you are cleaning, the faster it will get clean. You might wanna try a large rubbermaid and stir it up pretty good.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GARGOYLE said:
I've heard that crap sits on top of the sand and is easy to clean with the normal gravel tube, syphon, I was thinkin bout mixing sand with natural colored gravel. Make sure you wash the sand before putting it in. In a 5 gallon buckett would work. It's going to take a long time for your tank, but the smaller amouint of sand you are cleaning, the faster it will get clean. You might wanna try a large rubbermaid and stir it up pretty good.
yea i know, thanks for the ideas.
Im just trying to think over all, i got a lot of area to clean. i dont mind doing it, its just if sand will work, id like to use it. however sand is half dirt so cleaning it, is a big must.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts