Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is better to put in my new tank. It is 90 gal and i want someting that will not catch junk in it. and which one is easer to keep clean. I like clear water!

Not a Noob on a different name.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i would go gravel.. easier to clean less cloudy.. i like the look of sand A LOT but its a lot of work getting it ready and cleaning it.. i would go gravel

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
since sand is such a fine substance its hard to clean without sucking up a whole crapload of your sand .. so putting both would still have the same problem. i think it would look good but for cleaning aspects.

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
i had both in a tank it did look nice but when you vac thetank it stirs up sand and usually leaves a fine layerof sand on the rocks. .

i would say smaller grain gravel is easier to clean, larger gravel allows the waste to settle further into the gravel..

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
in my tank i had have traces of sand under my gravel..i can see it sucking the sand up while im gravel vacing it....my buddy has sand, looks gorgeous but when it gets time to cleaning it, its way hard w/o sucking alot of it up....personally id say gravel...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
i hate gravel, you have to vacuum the sh*t out of it and you still dont find all of the waste
at the bottom. sand is the way to go, once you get the hang of vac sand, your golden!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts