Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you have plants if you have sand ? i would like ot convert my 33g into a sand bottom but i like having the plants in there. can you do it or will they die ? or will they just not stay down ?

Croz

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm sorry I can't be of help, I have another related question that maybe you can answer me, how does a gravel vac work with sand? Won't it just suck up all the sand too since it's so light? I am building a 150 gallon to put bass and sunfish in, and was thinking about doing the same thing you are, except I think taht maybe it'll be a crappy deal once I start trying to clean it, what do you think?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Honestly, sand will not hold plants permanently or even temporarily. Its already hard enough trying to keep plants dug into gravel with Ps in it, and sand being lighter. Plus when cleaning sand, vacumming never worked for me before. I usually just do a floor sweep with a nett to p/u waste and crap along the top of the sand.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I have the same question!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
What I was thinking of doing is getting those little peat plate, and poking holes in it, sticking the roots of the plant through it and using those plant weights you wrap around the roots of the plant on the bottom side. Then add the sand over it. I think it should work. I know I said a lotta confusing stuff but heres a link to that peat plate for a better idea

big als

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.