Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He just snacks(maybe twice a week),no matter what i feed him.He is about 5 inches.Are they all like this...oh and he loves to attack anything and everything OUTSIDE of the tank,but shows little anger to feeders inside.
Please share some stories. thanks

· Registered
336 Posts
.......when I first got mine in june 04 hes was 2" maybe 2.5" and he was put in my big 180 us gal tank with 6 reds that were 3" - 4.5" - 5". At first I thought that they were going to eat him, they all ganged up on him and he always used to hide, except at feeding time, when he would join the shoal and get his share, in fact he was always the first to the food and he always had the most.

after about 2 months he just changed and started attacking the fins and tails of my reds, then not long after as he got a little bigger he used to sort of push them into one corner of the tank and would NOT let them move at all except for feeding time and then when finished he would "move" them back into the corner. Funny realy because they ( the reds ) could have ripped him a new asehole between 6 of them, but they were just to fuckin soft to do anything.

I seperated him when the fin nipin got out of control and put a plastic divider into my big tank, he used to attack my tank scraper when I was cleaning the glass and also ram the plastic divide when the other fish came near. I bought 2 8" caribe and he always tried to get at them through the plastic, one nasty little bastard.

He's now on his own in his own tank and isn't eating as much as he used to. He would eat anything before - feeders, trout, swordfish, beefheart, muscles, prawns, squid, earthworms and let's not forget FINS!!!

it's a fukin book long I know but yuo wanted a story right?

D!

· Nurses Do It Better
8,819 Posts
Mine swims constanly like he is in a marathon. Very interesting fish, destroys every live feeder i ever threw in but only ate the back half. Never the front half. I guess mine is an ass man. Doesn't eat cat fish right away in front of me but does eat it eventually when i am not looking. Likes freeze dried krill also.

· Registered
542 Posts
my sanchezi is a really picky eater. he will ONLY eat mealworms, the RED ones. i don't know if they taste different or what, but he just spits out the yellow ones. with feeders, he just likes to kill them.
he gets scared very easily when im close to the tank. the good thing though is that he'll eat infront of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.