Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to existing threads --> SancheziCohab

I was redoing a couple of things in their tank and just couldnt resist taking a few fast shots.
Im aware of the stress and damage to the fish etc. i can asshure you both fish made in through the ordeal.
Ive also let them "hang" for a while without the divider, with me observing them closely.
So far minimal "dancing" and they both seem to keep theit teeth to themself.
Divider goes back when the mood turns. im positive it will.

well hers the shots: Male on top:

please share your comments!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
nice fish and pics man, it would be cool if they eventually mated and the female layed eggs, if they are of different sex

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
nice Sanchezis Corey how do you know male and female? just curious about that.

for me it seem like the top fish is mature becuase of the color and the bottom one still have spot on it..i could be wrong on this.

please advise

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
they look awesome.....

Which do you think is male/female?
I only ask because mine looks similar to the top Sanch but it still has some juve spots.

Maybe this is more of a locality distinction rather than gender??

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Both very nice fish Corey...I want a Sanch myself..

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah ofc it might just be locality. frank stated when he id'd the top fish as s.sanchezi, cause its very similar to male sanchezi. seing how the other sanch is so different it might be two sexes.

either whay its purely speculation.

btw they are still together without the divider. no agression. will put it bacj when i go to sleep.

both fish are about 4 inch.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
very nice coloration on you sanchezi.....I can see some purple in one of them...

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
they are beauts!!!! i hope they mate for you. the bottom one is amazing looking with that deep red and purplish hue.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
the chicks w/ the best color

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
I think the differences can be attributed to locality and nothing else. Nice looking sanchezi tho, try getting a 3rd and you might have some success with them grouped.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
they both are slightly differnt, but male and female we will have to see.............................

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thx for the comment people. ill be shure to pass it along to the respective fish.

btw the divider came back in little while after. they started playing a bit rough.... like i knew they would.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts