Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Sanchezi about a week ago from a owner here on p-fury.com. I only been able to get it to eat Hakari Tropical Food Sticks. I know Hakari is good for color and nutrition. I tried feeding them raw shrimp tied to a string but no luck.

Raw steak - No no
Feeders - No no ( they do nipped fins though )
Freeze- Dried Shrimp - No no
Beef heart - No no
Blood worms - No no
Cat fish nuggets - No no
Salmon - No no ( Desperate, so I thought I try it out )
Talipa - No no

anything else you guys can think of that I can try? For now it's only eating off the Hakari Food Sticks.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
just be patient. and repeat the offering of other food items.

what you should do is drop a piece of food in, stay by the tank for 10-15 min. if the food is not eaten, remove it. then repeat the whole thing the next day. sooner or later it will give...

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
^^Corey is correct..just be patient with him, he need to get use to his new home and envoriment. It can take days, weeks, maybe month for him to eat.

Just keep offering him different food each day. Dont leave the food in there more then 30min.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

what you should do is drop a piece of food in, stay by the tank for 10-15 min. if the food is not eaten, remove it. then repeat the whole thing the next day. sooner or later it will give...
I actually done that, I would drop in a piece of food then stay back about 5 feet and see what happends. Nothing happends, no nibble, no bite. Within 10-15 mins, I removed the food. I do this when I wake up in the morning at before I go to sleep. Doesn't seem to work. But when I try dropping 4-5 pieces of Hakari Food Stick then move away about 5 feet, they go crazy. Swimming to the top and grabbing it themselves then diving back down.

I tried floating pellets but they dont seem to work either. I guess they're just picky. Not sure what the previous owner fed them and got them use to it.

I'll try starving them for 1 day and see what's up.

·
Registered
105 Posts

this is exactly what i did. and if they still dont go for it, maybe you might need to shut off the lights. but eventually they will eat. starve them for atleast a day or two, they will eventually eat anything you put in there..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you tried raw shrimp thats not hanging from a string? Just cut them into bit size peices and toss them into the tank.

Why do you only leave your food in there fr 30 min? I let mine set for about an hour in there before I take it out

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
well my suggestion doesnt work right away

you might need to do it for days maybe a week +.. eventually they all come around..

Have you tried raw shrimp thats not hanging from a string? Just cut them into bit size peices and toss them into the tank.

Why do you only leave your food in there fr 30 min? I let mine set for about an hour in there before I take it out
i did it to "teach" the sanch that the food goes away pretty fast. so it should grab it asap. also to helo me not forget the food in there and mess up the water params...

·
5,336 Posts
try packing some softened hikari sticks into any of the above, rubbing it on them etc... even get the turkey needle out and inject a lil paste inside like a doughnut... mmm.... also try garlic guard... maybe both?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts