Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna start adding salt to my piranha tank to help kill diseases cause I turned my tank temp up to 85 to increase their metabolism making them more aggresive after reading the topic in Saved Topics. How much and how often should I add it to a 37 gallon?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I would add about 1 tblspoon per 10 gallons which is about 4 tablespoons. the salt is not lost durring evaporation, only water changes so add 1 tablespoon for every 10 gallons you change durring water changes. I dont usually keep salt in my tank unless there is a reason but you could go as high as 1 tbls per 5 gallons.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
do not exceed the 1/5 ratio as mentioned above. I would only keep half of this in at a permanent rate if that is your plan. Why not just turn your temp down a little, there is too much room for error when trying to adjust P's to such harsh conditions. I am not saying they will not survive these condtions but rahter you should just treat them with ideal conditions unless they require special treamtment

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
do not exceed the 1/5 ratio as mentioned above. I would only keep half of this in at a permanent rate if that is your plan. Why not just turn your temp down a little, there is too much room for error when trying to adjust P's to such harsh conditions. I am not saying they will not survive these condtions but rahter you should just treat them with ideal conditions unless they require special treamtment
I agree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.