Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jonscilz said:
from what i hear they like to spit on their foot to digest them outside their body...

... what youve never seen the fly?

[snapback]841363[/snapback]​
not as far as i am aware, the info i have been able to find is that theyb are a highly predatory species, and there main staple of food in the wild id piranha.

· Registered
13,105 Posts
jonscilz said:
from what i hear they like to spit on their foot to digest them outside their body...

... what youve never seen the fly?

[snapback]841363[/snapback]​
Get back on the meds....

They are impressive because they impale fish on their "sabers". In the wild, that includes.... piranha!

· The Lord Himself is Life to me
3,861 Posts
All my sp. of this type grew to the 5" mark rather quickly and then slowed way down. As Ace said, they are impressive outwardly with the formidable fangs but not an agressive fish persay. They can be on the skittish side and somewhat withdrawing. Also, I have only heard of a few to be lucky enough to ween them off of feeders. That with their big appetite can make for an expensive fish. But I enjoyed keeping them and because they aren't an "agressive" fish, you can house them with anything that won't fit in their mouth.

· Registered
186 Posts
this is funny, cause i was gonna post one like this cause my lfs, not my work was suposed to get me a barracuda, but the tankmates had ick, so he didnt get one, but he said he could get my two of these "vampire tetras" that are now 8" long for $30/ea, but i knew nothing about them.
I looked them up online and found out a good deal of info on them. but yea they do grow big and the nest says fast. I may get one just to see how they are.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.