Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to shoal these before?I have heard it is possible and been done before but I am interested in if someone has hands on exp. in trying it?Thanks Olson

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
no serrasalmus species are schoalable. i mean... get a 40gal tank and put 6 5" elongatus in there and see what happends.. :D

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
i have also heard that MPower. i wount schoal elongatus. all hell will break loose. if u have lots of elongatus... give one to me
:cool:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know of a large shoal of serrasalmus Geryi(Hareball) and a close freind of mine(kuhndawg) has a large shoal of serrasalmus Spilo's and Ruby reds and they get along or tolerate eachother as most species do.....

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
marco said:
. i mean... get a 40gal tank and put 6 5" elongatus in there and see what happends.. :D
put it that way,you could not put 5 6" RBP in that small of a tank and not lose some of them ???

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Why would you want to do such a stupid thing?
you are asking for trouble, and you could always create a nice shoal of reds/carebs/yellow natts which would be belta!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Innes said:
Why would you want to do such a stupid thing?
you are asking for trouble, and you could always create a nice shoal of reds/carebs/yellow natts which would be belta!
I asked the question because I know I have heard rumors of it being done...I was not interested in what ppl have read in books or on other boards...I wanted to hear from someone who has actually done it or attempted it or knew someone directly that has attempted it...I have read in books and on the net that it is impossible to shoal any kind of serrusulmus species but we all know that is not completly true as I personally have seen it done and read about several more ppl doing it......I have had a few Pygo tanks in the past and was lookin for something different so I though about Elongatus then I remember hearing rumors about certain ppl being able to keep them together so I was just inquiring some more information about it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Olson said:
I know of a large shoal of serrasalmus Geryi(Hareball) and a close freind of mine(kuhndawg) has a large shoal of serrasalmus Spilo's and Ruby reds and they get along or tolerate eachother as most species do.....
Nice shoal!!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I thought that was BIGWORM's (from pfish.net) school of rubies pictured there. He posted those pics a while back stating that they were his fish. Is this the same person that you are talking about? I also have a school of spilos going. Check my sig for pics.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah those are Bigworms..he is a freind of mine locally here in Colorado so i ask him to E-mail me a pic sp I could post some Serra's shoaling

1 - 18 of 18 Posts