Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dodge City
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lucky enough to get a couple new fish in past couple weeks.
One I picked up on March 9th and one yesterday March 20th.
On the 9th I drove to Hamilton to ALS place to get his Pristobrycon striolatus, I can't express my gratitude enough .

To bring the striolatus home and to once again see his incredible collection was terrific. My brother in-law made trip with me and was speechless at sight of Als fish especially the almost prehistoric looking GIANT cariba

Then last week when browsing the buy/sell/trade I seen wayne had a nice rhom for sale sooo.

Yesterday, I drove to Wayne Mahs (Gigante Pirana) house to get an 8-9" rhom. I came away with images of the hugest rhom burned into my retinas and almost equally impressive smaller rhom with incredible colours and spectacular shape.
We talked for quite a while and wayne gave me some pictures to scan and share with pf and a nice stuffed/dried piranha too

Thanks to Wayne and Alex for helping me add these guys to my collection.

New tanks are being set up this week to permanently house them.
Here's a few pics. sorry about quality, new camera is on the way

P.striolatus
View attachment 53524
View attachment 53525
View attachment 53527
View attachment 53528

S.rhombeus

View attachment 53530
View attachment 53531
View attachment 53532

trip

View attachment 53533
View attachment 53534
View attachment 53535
View attachment 53536

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
jamesdelanoche said:
thats Km/h right?
[snapback]941292[/snapback]​
Yes, see right above the big circle part where the speedo needle is attached. it says

"km/h" in black...km/h numbers are black, mph is blue. still about 80mph, haul ass.

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
Congrats on the successful road trip (no speeding tickets and 2 new p's)

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
congrats on the new fish.

·
Registered
880 Posts
i was gunna say if i was goin 140mph i definatlly wouldn't be takin pics of the sppedometer. i would be holding on to the wheel with all my might and my eyes would be plastered to the road

·
Dodge City
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was doing about 90 miles per hour there and was moving wtih traffic in center lane. It was nuts seeing how fast some people drive near Toronto.

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
Dr.Zoidberg said:
I was doing about 90 miles per hour there and was moving wtih traffic in center lane. It was nuts seeing how fast some people drive near Toronto.
[snapback]941530[/snapback]​
i was headin er down the 401 doin 160km/h and when i looked in my rearveiw mirror i saw a cop comin up behind me i thought for sure id get pulled over but then he exited off the highway

everyone drives fast

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yeah, you definitely need to zoom through Toronto seeing as it's easy to get caught up in traffic around there!

Nice to see fellow Windsor people around baby

Let me know if you're ever selling anything

Pac

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
Wayne and Als Are two of the most coolest Gents one could ever meet or talk too ...
Glad everything worked out for ya Wink ....Dig the sunglasses

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
stunning striolatus & a nice looking rhom...I must say!!

goodluck w/ your new piranhas and be sure to get some new pics when you get them established in their new tanks...I'd like to see how they look in a set-up tank.

congratulations, Pete!!

it must feel pretty cool knowing that you are one of the few people that actually own a p. striolatus in a home aquarium :nod:

for a second I thought that your car's driver's seat was on the other side, but then I realized that it was picture taken of the mirror. Plus, in the picture of the speedometer you can clearly see that the driver's seat is on the right side of the car from the location of the windshield wipers. lol...Im dumb

thanks for sharing the pics & your experience when picking up your new piranha!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts