Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some plants to cover the top of my tank, the surface water I mean and my lfs has no idea what im talking about so....

Does anyone know of a plant which will basically just cover the whole top of the water, it needs to have small leaves sort of a moss type if possible as I think this looks better and preferably not have too much depth in the water, any ideas??

I have a river close by can I just go and rip some of the plants that are growing wild in there out?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

T

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
you can use those plants as long as you quarentine them, and also you make sure they are not a poisenous species - you will need to do some research.

as for what plants you can buy - you will need to look in your LFS at what they have which best suits your desires.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
any time, and if you do look up a species please write up about it and I will add it to the up-and-coming plant forum

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep no probs, will pop down river over weekend if I get a chance and see what I can find.

If it survives and is ok with a few feeders then I will stick it in with the P's and of course I will take photos and let you know.

Thanks again

T

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I look forward to seeing how things go, if you need any plant links I have access to quite a few that people have found who are working on the plant forum

·
Registered
792 Posts
i dont think it should be a problem, but look at the plant (especially the roots) and make sure that there is nothing hanging on it. I suggest cleaning it thoroughly to make sure no snails or anything are on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts