Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok yesterday I was headed to a dueling pianos bar at Myrtle Beach. On the way I saw signs for Ripleys Aquarium, so I figured it HAD to have piranha if it is a Ripley's Believe it or Not type thing. Anyway, to make a long story short, this aquarium F'N rocked. It has a HUGE shark tank that you actually walked through with water all around you. Sharks swam all around you and the sensation was so great I was scared to reach my hand up to touch the glass on a few occassions.

Back to piranha, they had a small Amazon exhibit that of course centered around the FEROCIOUS red belly piranha. They were playing Wolves in the Water on some screens in the background over a large tank of Pacu, a TSN, a few Oscars, and a silver Arowana. In a tank off to the side they had about 15 BEEFCAKE red bellies. I am talking all of them were at least 10-12 inches and THICK. A lot of them had some crazy war wounds but overall they looked like they were very well fed

Just a quick note if anyone is in SC, Myrtle Beach area, check out Ripleys Aquarium as it is totally worth the money!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this thread is useless without pics, me and my girlfriend didnt bother to take our camera because we thought we were just going to the bar for some drinks!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Xenon said:
I know this thread is useless without pics, me and my girlfriend didnt bother to take our camera because we thought we were just going to the bar for some drinks!
Man, you didnt even give us a chance to post that smiley.

Sound like you had a great time Mike.
But why were showing "Wolves in Water" over the Pacu tank display

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Nice...next time you go remember your camera...
!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sweet. I went to a Ripley's Aquarium just like that in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It is a little ways outside of Knoxville. It was awesome! I'm sure that it was the same thing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah i know what your talkin about petzl.... i live in knoxville, TN and ive been to that Ripley's aquarium... its in gatlinburg... its cool as hell... i think im gunna try to go back up there soon.. maybe this weekend. ITS MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Mr. Hannibal said:
Nice...next time you go remember your camera...
!
Wait a min.. doesnt Xenon have a camera phn???

·
Registered
564 Posts
ferociousfish said:
yeah i know what your talkin about petzl.... i live in knoxville, TN and ive been to that Ripley's aquarium... its in gatlinburg... its cool as hell... i think im gunna try to go back up there soon.. maybe this weekend. ITS MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was there almost 3 years ago. It was awesome. It used to keep reds when I was little, then I took a 5 year break from fish, and I've been back into p's for about a year now, so when I was there I wasn't as into it then as I am now. I wish that I would have paid more attention when I was there. All I remember is that the reds were huge! I loved that walk through shark tank. That was amazing. I also liked how the rays swim up and you can pet them.

I want to go again.

Happy birthday ferociousfish. Can you take some pics of the p tank while you are there?

·
Registered
143 Posts
i havent been in a while so i dont really remember them having Ps but i will make it a point to keep an eye out for it this time
. i dont have any gauruntees that im going but im going to try my best and i will bring a camera and just start taking pictures but i dont know if im allowed to or not.... i'll just start snappin and if they say sumthin then i'll just get as many as possible.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
sound like a good trip shame i live a few thousand miles way.
its like when i went to vegas and visited shark reef they added the p's a few months later .
dixon

G

·
tank off to the side they had about 15 BEEFCAKE red bellies. I am talking all of them were at least 10-12 inches and THICK
At all aquariums all the piranhas are huge, i wonder what they feed them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts