Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i noticed my pleco wasnt in his normal place. i looked around and couldnt find the little guy. my pleco had thick armor, i mean his skin was THICK> anyways searched for 5 minutes and then found a side fin.

i guess the reds got pissed or hungry and cleaned up shop. doesnt made sence to me. pleco keeps the tank clean. would you kill the maid who was cleaning your house?

bottomline. Nothing is 100 % workable with Ps. co inhabit at your own risk!

RIP SPOTS

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
yup it happend to one oif mine also, so i didnt bother replacing him as it would just as easy happen again,

they seem to target the belly of the plecs, it just takes them a litle time to figure out exactly how to get to the belly, but once they do the ples is screwed

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Yep those P's a very smart. I have never had any sucess with trying to mix anything with P's. they say try and buy a pleco thats three times the size of your largest P. But they still find a way to flip it over and rip it apart.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
RIP Maid Serice.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
RIP Maid Serice.
Whenever I have plecos in my tanks as cleaners I name them with maid names like Lupe`

Sorry to hear about your loss. It just goes to show everyone that plecos aren't always the best to cohab with piranhas, and certainly aren't guaranteed to survive.
~Taylor~

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Ive had a pleco with my manny for like 6 months now got him from a small size hes gettin bug now. Waiting for the day he gets eating hope it doesnt come though

·
Registered
271 Posts
I,ve had my Pleco in with my reds for 2 years now and he,s been ok so far.But you just never know when they,ll turn on them.I tried putting a Chinese algae eater in with my Sanchezi bad idea i found it,s head layning on the gravel 2 days later these fish are really unpredictable.

this is my 200th post yay

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
i HAD 2 rapheal cats, now i have 1........he hides ALL of the time
i found if you have a bigger pleco, he has a chance, but you never know.

i got a 5 inher right now, but i have lots many in my tanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts