Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came up with this topic in my english class last quarter.

We got on a topic about how China limits the number of children a family can have.

Do you think the government should be able to limit how many kids a family has?

My stance on it is........................................................

If a family can financially a physically support a child the should be able to have it and or as many as they want IF THEY CAN SUPPORT IT.

However I dont think its right to make society pay for other peoples kids when they cannot do so themselves, so I think the government should be able to say those types cannot have children, why should somebody have the ability so take your money via taxes to pay for their kids? I cannot take somebodies money to keep piranhas........................

Whats your opinion

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
If a family can financially a physically support a child the should be able to have it and or as many as they want IF THEY CAN SUPPORT IT.

However I dont think its right to make society pay for other peoples kids when they cannot do so themselves, so I think the government should be able to say those types cannot have children, why should somebody have the ability so take your money via taxes to pay for their kids? I cannot take somebodies money to keep piranhas........................

Whats your opinion
well said. I fully agree.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
UR POINT NATE DOGG IS compelling and smart and in principle right on but we live in america and freedom is the right to do what u want no its not always fair but if the government told me how many children i could have it wouldnt be a democracy it wouldnt be america but it should be a limit if u cant support u shouldnt have them but something like that would never happen here because it wouldnt be american IMO
great topic nate

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Well, in a very narrow minded sense, Nate has a point. But if you start to break it down, it is complete crap. You idea would require me to go through an audit and apply for a license before I could procreate? And who would decide what the cut off amount would be? If I make $25,000.00 a year I can have one kid and if I make $40,000.00 I get to have 2? What about the amount of debt a person has, will that count against them? Do you get to consider you parent’s money, or is it only based on your income? What about when the father takes off and leaves the mother to fend for herself, if her income is not enough do we make her abort her child? Why not just sterilize everyone who does not make $25,000 a year by the time they are 25? That would at least cut down on the number of abortion. If you cannot see the error in giving freedoms to people with enough money, than I feel sorry for you.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Well, in a very narrow minded sense, Nate has a point. But if you start to break it down, it is complete crap. You idea would require me to go through an audit and apply for a license before I could procreate? And who would decide what the cut off amount would be? If I make $25,000.00 a year I can have one kid and if I make $40,000.00 I get to have 2? What about the amount of debt a person has, will that count against them? Do you get to consider you parent's money, or is it only based on your income? What about when the father takes off and leaves the mother to fend for herself, if her income is not enough do we make her abort her child? Why not just sterilize everyone who does not make $25,000 a year by the time they are 25? That would at least cut down on the number of abortion. If you cannot see the error in giving freedoms to people with enough money, than I feel sorry for you.
exactly it is crap gross but it does make a tiny bit of sense but i would never agree to a bill like that its not american its not freedom china sucks, we rock!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Great accountant approach on the situation grosse
I'm just messing with ya, I agree with you. My mom is a CPA so that is how she looks at a lot of stuff too, so it made me laugh to hear you talking like her.

mark

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,830 Posts
I say we just get rid of welfare. I mean the whole point of welfare was to get families back on their feet right after the Great Depression in the early 30s. It has been long since then and its purpose is no longer needed. As for people having the right to bare children...let them bare as many as they want...

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ms_Nattereri said:
I say we just get rid of welfare. I mean the whole point of welfare was to get families back on their feet right after the Great Depression in the early 30s. It has been long since then and its purpose is no longer needed. As for people having the right to bare children...let them bare as many as they want...
that is basically what I am talking about, most people just take advantage of welfare. there are some that truely deserve it to though

Id like to see welfare done away with

and my perspective isnt narrow, my mom raised me as a single parent barely making more than minimum wage and she never went on welfare, so if she could do it so should everyone else.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
yeah, no welfare means that it'll force ppl to think twice about getting a kid when theyre really not prepared for one

Unfortunately, its apparently not a big issue with the govt... god only knows why...

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
And how would anyone conclude to who deserve welfare and who doesnt??

yeah, no welfare means that it'll force ppl to think twice about getting a kid when theyre really not prepared for one
I dont think welfare has anything to do with peoples decisions if they should want or have a kid. YOu'd need to be more indepth in why folks make their decisions about babies, whether they want to or not. Teen pregnancy.. abortion rights.. accidents..

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
RhomZilla said:
And how would anyone conclude to who deserve welfare and who doesnt??

I dont think welfare has anything to do with peoples decisions if they should want or have a kid. YOu'd need to be more indepth in why folks make their decisions about babies, whether they want to or not. Teen pregnancy.. abortion rights.. accidents..
accidents = abortion
teen pregnancy = abortion
Getting pregnant, and letting religious/moral convictions sucker you into keeping a baby = deserved ruin on your future, no welfare, ur fukt, u deserved it.

abortion all the way, to hell with welfare

ur right tho, i overexaggerated welfare's direct influence on children in the initial post

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
they way I look at pregnancy, you took the risk going into it, no birth control is trustable in my opinion, if you cant handle abortion you better keep your pants on
Oh, so you are saying you have never had sex with out the intent to reproduce? Because that is exactly what you are saying. Understand you have no say if a lady gets pregnant whether you become a father or not.
Man I wish I was as ignorant as some...it must be nice to go through life thinking everyone will agree with your decissions. You really think you have a say if some chick you had sex with in a bar, when you were so loaded you dont even remember, decides to have the kid......ignorant.
And to tell someone they cant have a child because they dont earn the amount of money you think they need to support that child is unbelievably egotistical. Who are you to tell someone they may or maynot have a child.

Grow up and join the real world.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grosse gurke said:
Sir Nathan XXI said:
they way I look at pregnancy, you took the risk going into it, no birth control is trustable in my opinion, if you cant handle abortion you better keep your pants on
Oh, so you are saying you have never had sex with out the intent to reproduce? Because that is exactly what you are saying. Understand you have no say if a lady gets pregnant whether you become a father or not.
Man I wish I was as ignorant as some...it must be nice to go through life thinking everyone will agree with your decissions. You really think you have a say if some chick you had sex with in a bar, when you were so loaded you dont even remember, decides to have the kid......ignorant.
And to tell someone they cant have a child because they dont earn the amount of money you think they need to support that child is unbelievably egotistical. Who are you to tell someone they may or maynot have a child.

Grow up and join the real world.
no no thats not what I was saying nor did I intend to imply it

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
basically what I am saying is that if my mom barely making more than minimum wage back in the day, could raise me, nobody else has an excuse to be on welfare and have a kid, therefore making taxpayers pay for their kid, my mom was a single parent at that time

everyone makes decisions in who they decide to bang, so if you dont like the consequences dont do it is what I was saying, its like playing with dynamite, you could be flirting with disaster is what I am saying

to me I could care less how many kids somebody has as long as I dont have to pay for them via welfare (which I really think is corrupt and lienant in most cases, but not all)

if you dont like my opinion its no reason to give me the bird, I am entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours, but I dont give you such gestures for it

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Well I hope you understand Nate that if you get a girl pregnant, you do not make the decision whether she has an abortion or not. If she decides to have the child, congrats, you are a father. I do not necessaraly agree with this but this is the way it is.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.