Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had success with a large tank w/ a huge black Rhom sharing it's home with an Asian Redtail Catfish???
I'm interested in whether on not this can work.

If anyone has done this, please state what size the tank was and how big the Rhom and Asian Redtail Cat were. I'm also curious as to whether a Rhom could possibly share its space with a Giant Snakehead.

Out of the three...Giant Snakehead, Asian Redtail Catfish, or Large Black Rhom...which do u guys think is most aggressive?

I know this is a P board but please don't be biased!!!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Given all the same size, the rhom will eventually be left in the end. I dont want to speculate on how long it will take, but eventually it will be the only one left.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
RedTail Cats dont stand a chance with either one. But seeing a Snakehead and a Rhom would be something to see!!! All in all, I go for the Rhom.. no doubt!! They cant tolerate anything in the tank with them, let alone something else trying to punk it..

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
i agree while the snakehead is a beast itslef i always say the roy jones of fish the rhom will win if its of equal size

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If you enjoy both fish...keep them seperate or at least in a divided tank. And if you don't care for one...don't drop one in just to see what happens...whichever one you like may end up getting killed or injured along with the same with the other one. Not worth the risk IMO.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
A PFury member called Chud had a very large rhom in a tank with a big Tiger Shovelnose Catfish in one tank for quite a while, although it wasn't without problems (I think there is still a number of vids of those vids in the Unleash the fury video section): he hasn't posted here in months, but when he last posted, both were still alive...

But still: keeping a rhom with tank mates is not recommended, unless they are expendable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.