Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So check this out, I live in Missouri (where piranhas are legal) and i went to the LFS and asked if they had any black piranhas.

I get chewed out by the clerk (an older lady) saying they are illegal in my state (even though its a legal piranha state), etc.

She said that black piranhas are illegal all along the missisipi states because they are very hardy and can possibly survive the cold water conditions and mess up the eco system.

So after arguing for 30 minutes, i said yeah yeah yeah.

So is there any law that specifically outlaws them in a legal state? She was right about one thing, they are very mean and tried to attack her through the glass

Oh she ended up pouring clorine in the tank so no more black piranha

And another LFS stays they have blacks from time to time, i told her that this other LFS sells them, she said, no they dont, no they dont, no they dont. I am like look i asked 2 people who work there and they said they sell them there.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
P's are either all illegal, or all legal. There is no differentiation between varying types when it comes to legality.

~Dj

·
Registered
696 Posts
all boils down to the LFS clerk thinkign they know everything, then u go in there and wam, dont know how many times I have helped customers as jacks and as well gotten kicked out of petland!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Check the law yourself, and pay careful attention to how it's worded. Many states have the laws worded very ambiguously, others more specific. But I have a feeling they don't really know what they're talking about, probably heard something from the friend of a friend or whatever, you know the story.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
This makes me wanna open up my own store. Too many people with lack of knowledge working in LFS. Unfortunately Im in a illegal state

1 - 7 of 7 Posts