Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
i dont know about anyone else,but i find it really hard to tell at this juvi age
what river is the rhom from?

·
Registered
240 Posts
nice, they look kind of stubby, how big are they?

i doubt they are rhoms (even though truthfully I think S. rhombeus is really just one name for a few different species of fishes).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had like 6 of them in one 100 gal tank at one time... got em where they were about the size of a finger tip... i have the one at the bottom at my girlfriends house in her 40 gal tank... they got too aggressive for each other and had to separate them. so now he has all 100 gallons to himself and a lazy pleco who doesnt eat algae for sh*t lol. honestly im not sure what river hes from... got em from local fishstore

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would say they are Serrasalmus Sanchezi, not good idea keeping them together, eventually someone will get hurt!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Rollerzonly59 said:
i had like 6 of them in one 100 gal tank at one time... got em where they were about the size of a finger tip... i have the one at the bottom at my girlfriends house in her 40 gal tank... they got too aggressive for each other and had to separate them. so now he has all 100 gallons to himself and a lazy pleco who doesnt eat algae for sh*t lol. honestly im not sure what river hes from... got em from local fishstore
[snapback]943160[/snapback]​
i believe they are seperate. And its really tough to tell what river a rhom came from, especially when they are little.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they are separated now.... he hides most of the time its daylight.... once its dark in the tank you seem him swimming all over the place, it seems like he swims his territory in a particular pattern around the tank. ill

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are separated now.... he hides most of the time its daylight.... once its dark in the tank you seem him swimming all over the place, it seems like he swims his territory in a particular pattern around the tank. i see no yellow on the body whatsoever... mostly redish color around the gill plates but other then that not a whole lot of color.

·
Soft Machine
1,687 Posts
S. Sanchezi, a nice addition for any collection.

It thier not skitish bitches. IME

·
Registered
524 Posts
Those are diamonds they look just like mine but i would get them out of there cause one of them is gonna get it i cant beieve they have even lasted that long

1 - 18 of 18 Posts