Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont think i have posted my divided tank on here before so here it is. 10-11" Rhom on on side and a map and hieroglyphics turtle (with community fish) on the other. Long story but the tank isnt how it should be, the divider should be water tight and the rhom should have a full height of water. Unfortunatly the divider wasnt water tight so i will have to settle for it being like this untill i have another go at it.

Let me know what u think...
Water Vertebrate Pet supply Organism Fish supply
Water Vertebrate Pet supply Fish supply Wood
Vertebrate Water Fin Organism Underwater
Water Pet supply Organism Fluid Fish supply
Water Plant Organism Mammal Fin
Water Vertebrate Organism Fin Fish supply
Water Plant Vertebrate Organism Fish
World Purple Organism Wood Art

Attachments

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
that is a nice rhom and turtles but IMO that would b a great tank with out the divider for the rhom.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Extremely unique and different. I like this very much and your style is ace!

Cool, deffinatly keep it up!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats pretty cool :nod:

Nice lookin rhom too!
Thanks for the comments.

Filtration? only joking, its quite well hidden. I have two ehiem 2028's the filter input is on the turtle side behind their beach area and the filter outputs are on the rhoms side behind the floating plants things.

The tank is 6x2x2. Divided right down the middle.

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
Get that Green spotted puffer out of there and get it in a brackish to Fully marine tank.

And if ur turtles decide to snack on the puffer, the turtle will most likely die,

i see the puffer from the "TOP" view pic.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
nice tank ... love it.

when the turtles get a little bigger you are going to want to python out there poop every 2-3 cause they are messy

wat kind of sand is that?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I like that look ALOT, Real nice, Way to Put that look together, looks perfect(Especially when the water level rises)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks alot people. As i said it hasnt turned out exactly how i wanted. The Rhom should have full water height which would then "waterfall" into the turtle side. It was like that for about an hour when the difference in pressure got too much and cause the divider to move slightly and cause a leak. One day i will re-do the divide with glass instead of perspex and it should work as planned (and look x10 better).

Just need to make a lid now!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maybe it wasnt the best idea, but I know a guy that keeps small turtles in with his rbps, just give them a log and some rogs to climb up out of the water on, never bother them he says. Ive watched them swim all around with no issues. whether this will last I dont know.
Otherwise very nice lookin tank and rhom.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe it wasnt the best idea, but I know a guy that keeps small turtles in with his rbps, just give them a log and some rogs to climb up out of the water on, never bother them he says. Ive watched them swim all around with no issues. whether this will last I dont know.
Otherwise very nice lookin tank and rhom.
Lol dont think i will be trying that!

Thanks for all the comments about the Rhom. I swapped my 17" Rhom (17"er had the whole tank) for him purely because of his personality. The most aggressive Piranha i have ever seen! the guy i got him from knows his rhoms, he imports them and sells them and has like 6-10 of his own and he said that this is the most aggressive rhom he has ever come across!

He is great, love him

1 - 20 of 29 Posts