Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I would have to say 75+ gal.. anything bigger would be too boring to have a big tank and one fish..

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'd say anything bigger than a 100. A 125 or 150 would probably be good. I've never had a 12+ rhom so I don't have first hand experience. But! I've got a 8 incher in a 75 and I couldn't imagine him being 12 inches or so in that tank.

I'd go with a 125.

I'm a fan of a fish or fishes to have PLENTY of room to move around. I think it is stupid if he can only swim 2 feet then turn around. I want him to have plenty of hiding place and room to swim as fast as he can to kill his prey. I think that it brings out the best qualities in a fish.

That's my opinion.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I agree with the others go with a 125 because you can never have too much room.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
For a 12 incher I wouldn't be satisfied with anything that has a depth less than 18". This because a lot of tanks I see have depths of 13" and the turning radius would be restricted. So I think the main factor in choosing a tank for me would be that the depth needed to be at least 18".

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I would have to say 75+ gal.. anything bigger would be too boring to have a big tank and one fish..
Agreed. My 14 inch rhom is in a 75g and is perfectly happy. As far as I'm conscerned, people place too much emphasis on just how much room a big rhom needs. How many people would consider putting a 14 inch Oscar solitary in a 125g? Probably none. And a Oscar would demand more room than a rhom of equal size.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I would say > 100g.

For a 12 incher I wouldn't be satisfied with anything that has a depth less than 18". This because a lot of tanks I see have depths of 13" and the turning radius would be restricted. So I think the main factor in choosing a tank for me would be that the depth needed to be at least 18".
I agree, RCR!

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Petzl88 said:
Serrapygo,

Do you have any pics of your rhom? I'd like to see. :biggrin:
I just had a bunch of pictures up in the photo gallery. Where were you silly?

Here is one:RHOM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts