Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rhom is still pointing into the corner and isnt eating, he occasionally intimidates my 14" plec but never comes to much, although he has cut half the pectoral fin off him. But 95% of the time he faces towards the rear right corner of the tank

Do you guys have any experience like this and were you able to alter the behaviour?

·
Registered
161 Posts
My 10"er did it for about a month when I first got him. Evertime he saw me or anyone he would go to the farthest end of the tank and look away from me. He is just starting to get used to me and will actually come out now. This after about six weeks. He still won't eat in front of me but I guess time will tell.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yea, how long have you had him in the tank? If it is anything less then a month, I would say that he is still getting used to the tank. My advise is to wait until a month or so and report back if this behavior persisits.

~Dj

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing , I placed black background across the background and the side of the tank that he was hiding at .It seemed to have helped. keeping lights low in their tanks too.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Normal behaviour, be patient...his anger will rise soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.